MotoGP » Casey Stoner to test MotoGP Honda

"This will allow me to enjoy what I miss: riding a MotoGP bike!" - Casey Stoner.

kane

July 23, 2013 1:10 PM

least he will have the track to himself finally.

@Racecrafter.
from what ive been reading it seems that the CS fishing club are the ones getting worked up over him doing some testing..
He wont be back to racing. motogp hasent changed which is why he was leaving,
so CS fans keep dreaming. . but i do hope he comes back and MM pulls one of his agressive passes on him and we will listen to the moaning start all over again.
No moaning in Motogp since he left. its a breath of fresh air.

farq

July 23, 2013 1:17 PM

Wish he'd have returned..By the looks of it theres gonna be a lot of yawn moments in Motogp within the next few years because of this Marquez kid, he is just way ahead of anyone else (Even Casey I reckon) but still CS would have been my pick to give him a run for his money on similar mechinery..He'd be much more fun than Dani thats fosho!

smpmatty

July 23, 2013 1:19 PM

maybe he just wants to see in a test situation if he is faster than marc!! Danni will never win a motogp title!!!
sorry people its just he isnt good enough for long enough!!! and now with such a talented rider like marc he has no chance

V4Poweeeer

July 23, 2013 1:23 PM

@talentfan
I guess I might be a little bit to niave still, I understand how businesses and large corporations work alot of it is just making a link between making money and making relationships work it's kinda why alot of undergraduate business students take physcology classes othe than girls.
However ever despite this I still have hope that there is a shred of integrity left within motogp if not I would rather see Honda field their own spec 1000 class and let all the best riders loose on them bikes. However competition between manufacturers despite how few there is, is still interesting.
Guess I better accept I'm a sheep and keep my fingers crossed and pray to god for some close racing and enjoy it when it comes.

dacron

July 23, 2013 1:35 PM

firstly dorna has nothing to do with stoner testing for honda , its no pr master stroke , its simply 4 private tests lined up by honda at there own track motege , there will be no media allowed but they will have their own guys taking footage.
there could be any number of reasons why stoner is taking it on and just as many reasons why honda are using stoner , but one thing thats clear is honda's main test rider has broken his pelvis and is out for a bit.
another thing is stoner is not under contract with red bull Australia next year at all , it was a one year deal to see if he enjoyed it , apparently he is not enjoying the pr work but only he knows the rest.

Rossiput

July 23, 2013 1:36 PM

Taz
July 23, 2013 1:22 PM

"The one and only recognized MotoGP Legend"

PMSL

Dont crop my wording! there is a clause after that!
"who can return as a real competitor, even just a wildcard at PI"

Tell me other *LISTED* LEGEND who as young as Stoner nowadays?

Come on, I waiting