MotoGP » Casey Stoner to test MotoGP Honda

"This will allow me to enjoy what I miss: riding a MotoGP bike!" - Casey Stoner.

Cyan14

July 23, 2013 3:06 PM

Hayden is leaving Ducati after this season. It would be interesting if Duc offers Stoner a contract to ride again for them. If Stoner can make the Duc competitive again, then I'd say he's the greatest.

TalentFan

July 23, 2013 3:12 PM

@ Dacron "firstly dorna has nothing to do with stoner testing for honda , its no pr master stroke , its simply 4 private tests lined up by honda at there own track motege , there will be no media allowed but they will have their own guys taking footage."

What - so the mighty Honda (& Repsol) doesn't 'do' PR? What are they Racing for then? And... there's NOT massive media mileage to be got out of this?

Dorna aren't above manipulating which rider goes with which team to suit their wants, as indeed are Honda - so there's no reason to think that they wouldn't work with Honda to do this for their mutual benefit?

I don't think it is the least bit fantastic to expect Honda, Repsol & Dorna to want maximum exposure / publicity and an association with Stoner 'managed' well does very nicely, thank you.

I'm not saying that there aren't other benefits Dacron. But I'm saying all these parties are way too savvy and smart NOT to have seen the Media potential in this and be working it for all

dacron

July 23, 2013 3:28 PM

TalentFan...
i don't think you realise there was nothing planned at all , the regular bike tester Kousuke Akiyoshi had an accident and broke his pelvis in 2 places , they had no test rider and asked stoner if he wanted to take over , they were probably taken aback with surprise when he said yes.

dykesie

July 23, 2013 3:33 PM

Steve Hyslop taking the senior TT on the bad handling Norton gave him "The Greatest" status, as does Casey Stoner's 2007 win on the Ducati, "THE DOCTOR" couldn't even sort it ! I rest my case.

nico1963

July 23, 2013 3:34 PM

Never seen so many girlies get so excited over a flaming test ride !!
However I for one wouldn't mind CS going back to MotoGP with one proviso, he has to keep his helmet on 24/7. This would mean we could enjoy his riding without his tantrums.
As for greatest ever, give me a break. He won 2 world titles, which by the way is what it's all about. Not once did he do back to back which would historically show he was dominant, which I think there are only 11 riders to achieve this. You can dissect his career any which way you like but 2 is 2 and that is what is recorded.

Codger

July 23, 2013 3:41 PM

@ Dacron...like your post. I can see it happening that way.

Be careful what you wish for guys. Casey's last year on the Ducati he finished 4th in the Championship behind Jorge, Dani, and a broken legged Rossi.
Casey's last year on the Honda he finished 3rd in the Championship behind Jorge and Dani.
No guarantee that he would complete your dreams.......I for one would like to watch him try though.

cassyo

July 23, 2013 3:43 PM

What Casey didn't succeed when active, to overcome Rossi in media, seems as already done.
Look at the post number at this thread, versus Rossi's one, which has also Stoner on the header.
Isn't it ironic ?