MotoGP » Casey Stoner to test MotoGP Honda

"This will allow me to enjoy what I miss: riding a MotoGP bike!" - Casey Stoner.

AussieNSW

July 23, 2013 12:47 PM

@TalentFan
It makes me very happy to see there is somebody else on this site that sees PR and not just me, this is a PR dream I dont know if you ever had anything to do with them but I had a bit and this news will have dollar signs lighting up like times square.

TalentFan

July 23, 2013 12:47 PM

@ V4Poweeeer

The very best 'players' are those that manage to manipulate their pawns without them cottoning on that they are being 'played' eh?

I'm sure this arrangement suits CS just as much as it suits Dorna, Honda & Repsol's needs. Even if CS hasn't thought it through, you can bet his management have.

As for the rivalry - yes of course it benefits the media exposure for the riders (tho of course VR got a lot more out of THAT than CS did) - but the biggest gainer by far is THE SHOW, and those that direct and control THE SHOW. These days though, organisers aren't happy for rivalries to occur and play out naturally, oh no. FAR more lucrative if you can ARRANGE and MANIPULATE what happens on THE SHOW eh? Far better a method to ensure a healthy revenue stream than allowing things to take their course!

Just saying!

screwloose

July 23, 2013 12:48 PM

Yes casey has come back at Hondas request for four tests and a possible four more I would love to see casey back riding but nt going to happen yet he is still under contract with red bull racing Australia till end of 2014,these test that casey is doing are at dates when there is no v8 racing for him to compete in so im guessing this is just something fun for casey to be doing in his down time

agothegoat

July 23, 2013 12:48 PM

I think the Rossi fans can relax. If Stoner returns there will not be any close racing between them. Stoner will be way ahead in the distance. Stoner v MM would be interesting but anyway he is not coming back so put the knives away.

motofanatica

July 23, 2013 1:04 PM

I am not a Stoner fan , never been, his attitude really spoiled it for me but I'll be very happy to see him back.

Sure he can be very fast and push the bike like no one else, but against Marquez or a confident Rossi , I am not so sure he will come first.
But happy for the Stoner fans as well , it will give some of them something to obsess about rather than Rossi LOL

RaceCrafter

July 23, 2013 1:06 PM

All the Rossi fangirls are getting themselves so worked up over a test ride !! It's hilarious ! I guess they remember rossis pathetic tenure at Ducati !!i can't wait for the real king of motogp to come back !! CS27 forever !! And no I hope he never joins Suzuki or yamaha !

« 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14  »