MotoGP » 'Productive' MotoGP test for Stoner - no wild-cards

"It doesn't change my mind about the wild-cards - this is not something I am planning to do" - Casey Stoner.

V4Poweeeer

August 07, 2013 10:09 AM

Stoner on a an rcv just looks right!!!

This testing business is just to much of a tease, it's forcing me to remember just how quick the guy is.
Phillip island last year Jorge's qually lap 1,30,100
Stoner 1,29,600 or 1,29,900 all day long.
Stoner you are to good not to be riding that bike more often.

WylieCoyote

August 07, 2013 10:13 AM

He is doing well in the cars and enjoying it despite getting punted off by others. I still think he will do Bathurst in the main class this year as they have the spot booked. Since he is racing in the Dunlop series at the same meeting he will have over a hundred of laps under his belt at the track before raceday. He is having too much fun and has been welcomed with enthusiasm by the V8 fans and 99.9% of the drivers (there was a young bloke a bit upset at being used as a braking marker by Stoner the other weekend. He is the first that Stoner has punted off though!). There is zero incentive for him to risk his life racing bikes.

katalih

August 07, 2013 10:39 AM

it doesn't change my mind about the wild-cards - this is not something I am planning to do,” he declared.

maybe, this would already settle the Issue on whether or not he would return to MOto gp. it would have been another big and additional excitement to watch him to fight mm, lorenso, dani and VR

LCtanner

August 07, 2013 10:40 AM

This test has been nothing more than a publicity stunt. Why would Honda ask Casey, who hasn't ridden for 9 months and isn't doing very well in V8s ( Wiley ) as hes currently sitting 16th in that championship, to ride the RCV ? If they want to know how fast the thing goes put Marquez on it. Actually they did and he said it wasn't an improvement over the current version.

zippychips

August 07, 2013 10:44 AM

wise move on stoners behalf...

if he came back and got raced and beat by marquez with his "hands on" style, stoner would go in to melt down

and of course you know Marquez would put everything on the line to beat him

and this way all the stonettes get to keep him on the pedestal.

AussieNSW

August 07, 2013 10:59 AM

@Wylie
I think you might be right about Baturst I must admit I am not a big fan of the V8s but Bathurst is different I have been there a couple of times and really enjoyed it,I also agree with you I think stoner is really enjoying himself,but as a GP fan it is a bit worrying when you see honda paying a bloke like stoner to do their test riding on next years bike and with MM having one years experience under his belt and having stoners crew chief and stoners data, next years calender could be a non event with honda first and daylight second,although I think JLO is the best rider on the grid at the moment I hope the gap in bike performance wont be too much for him to make up or it will be very boring.

BillyBob MarySue

August 07, 2013 11:07 AM

You're right Wylie, it's never off the telly here, or out of the media in general, I can barely move without bumping into news of the V8 Something or other (support class)...

I'm assuming Casey gave the money back to Ducati then when he wobbled around to finish 4th in 09 and 10, or when he just didn't bother to show up?

AussieNSW

August 07, 2013 11:12 AM

@LCTanner
Wow for a guy that said you were glad stoner was gone from GP you must be keeping up with his progress when you know he is 16th in the championship,he must still be in your head which is understandable.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8  »