MotoGP » Crutchlow eyed WSBK during rookie season

“I was battling with riders that I thought were rubbish and they're not rubbish, they're incredibly talented” - Cal Crutchlow.

cooperte

August 10, 2013 11:03 AM

ducati and audi have got to get it right sooner or later. i hope cal's on the bike when it happens. think he'll do better than most are expecting. he's got the balls to have a right good go at it and seems like the kind of fella that learns and likes to keep learning. looking forward to seeing how he does

shamarone

August 10, 2013 4:18 PM

re: "All in all he is the first rider that's going to Ducati that I feel can make it work if not straight away somewhere down the line."

you're living in a dream world NEO...!!! (Morpheus)

re: "He will crash but you can do that on any bike"

NATCORK. the better the kit put under the rider, the less likely they'll crash in the first place. 1+2=3. it's literally that simple.

shamarone

August 10, 2013 4:29 PM

re: "CC is a good rider but not great"

no rider's are great. "great" comes from the 30 MAN BOFFIN ARMY. remember, this is motorsport (emphasis on the word motor) not push bikes at the tour de france.

reinmacre

August 11, 2013 1:51 AM

The anointed one, Cal Crutchlow, will never win a MotoGP race. Dude is getting results on arguably the best prototype, in a field of eight competitive bikes, on which six rider's could win. Whoopdefriggendo.

Why doesn't anyone talk about Bradl's pole and 2nd place @ Laguna? That guy is what, four or five years younger the Crutchlow?

hoppy

August 11, 2013 8:09 PM

Talking up the competition to make his own woeful performances seem better.
SavageAmusement./Richard Head.

Urrrr,correct me if i am wrong mate but isnt Cal 5th in the championship?
He is easily the best of the non factory riders.
Woeful performance my ****!

DB8

August 12, 2013 11:32 AM

@ samas, ha, I knew you weren't calling me names, I was just messing about.

I don't blame people for not pushing a bike OVER the limit regualrly, but I understand you have to do that every now and again to find out what the limit is. Rossi had a few nasty moments while pushing and just refused to do it after a while. I actually don't blame him either, although of course it was disappointing.

Cal's a bit more fearless I think. My only concern would be, he had to push to get that factory ride. He's got the big pay cheque now, will the same motivation be there?? Only time will tell.

Realist

August 12, 2013 9:43 PM

@ TedG

I'm still waiting for your wager. I personally don't think he'll out-perform Dovi - at least not on a regular basis - and I don't think you can seriously/objectively blame Precious (..who I'll assume is Rossi) for Ducati's woes. Anybody seeking to blame Rossi for Ducati's problems really just demonstrates that they are on a witch hunt and refuse to look at the bigger picture.

TedG

August 13, 2013 5:17 AM

@Realist,
I will take you up on the wager. We can figure out something, buy one another lunch or something. We don't live too far away.
But I think that the Duc will improve and Dovi will improve with it., that will be the benchmark. I think CC has improved where Dovi has stagnated because of the current state of the Duc.

« 1 2 3 4 5