MotoGP » Recharged and ready

The Bradley Smith Crash.net blog is brought to you by Optimum Procurement

FZ1

August 13, 2013 12:51 PM

How did he get this ride? From what I can see he's had 3 win's in five years in 125cc, 0 wins in 2 years in Moto2......0 championships in anything. And the guy gets a ride with Tech3? Can someone explain this to me? I've been following MotoGP and 500cc racing since '78 and I can say I never seen a rider with less credentials get a good ride, except for Karel Abraham, but Karel's dad has a team and a race track so all the power to him.

Yes Yes Yes Leave Me Alone

August 13, 2013 1:14 PM

Brad was the runner up in the 125cc class, then consistantly out performed his bike and team-mates in Moto2 - he deserved a shot, and I think he's done well so far.

These blogs are a good insight into Bradley's mind and how he prepares for races etc, very entertaining so keep them coming!

CarlosCabeto

August 13, 2013 2:36 PM

I am confused still,
Is this a paid by rider seat? - If not then I'm even more confused.
I really would appreciate inputs from people that actually know it, people that live on th epaddocks.

Please let as hear from you!

shakennstirred

August 13, 2013 3:50 PM

the people that matter in racing know what bike he had to ride last year and if it wasn't for a one in a generation rider call Marquez everyone would be saying how good he is doing in his first year on a MotoGP bike.
also remember his bike its a parts bin special and not a top latest spec bike like all the riders finishing ahead of him and some of the ones behind him. his bike isn't even the same as cal bike.
so give the guy a break

Makrus

August 13, 2013 5:25 PM

Sorry brad. While I would love nothing more than to see you up the top to add to the racing, the more the merrier. You haven't won me over, and think your thoughts about your self so far are a little over rated. While I see where you're coming from in some ways I think a top six with everyone fit will not happen. The fact yamaha would have broken your contract if cal had decided to stay comes across as tech3 might want ya but Yamaha are not phased either way. Good luck with the rest of the year, and although my post has come across negative I do hope you improve, even prove me wrong. :)

wosideg

August 13, 2013 6:27 PM

If I remember right..many fans asked how come Cal got his ride in GP and laughed at the thought of him being better than Spies, a nailed on 5th alien..haha.

Not only is Brad higher in the standings with 50% more points than Crutchlow had at the same point in his debut season..he's finishing a lot closer to the front.

Give the expert analysis, and Smith a break.

Noriben

August 13, 2013 7:23 PM

Higher standigs than Cal's first year? 50% more points?

Smith supporters never learn how many prototypes there were in Cal's rookie year. And it must be just too coplicated for them to understand the point system of the GP.

wosideg

August 13, 2013 10:07 PM

While it's true that Cal had to deal with more prototype opposition than Brad in his debut season - CRT bikes weren't allowed then - Smith has finished more often and on average, closer to the winner than Crutchlow did.

Not only this, he's been consistently narrowing the gap and improving, even while carrying a nasty hand injury.

If he can continue progressing and winds up the season regularly beating the Ducati's and racing the satellite Honda's, the kid will have done good.

There would have been no justice if he had got the flick from Tech3 because Yamaha got all in a muddle over their rider contracts.

1 2 3 4  »