MotoGP » Crutchlow: There are pros and cons for everything

"My job and motivation is to ride it to 100 percent of my ability" - Cal Crutchlow on Ducati.

Jixr

August 15, 2013 7:06 PM

I love Cal, but his is the newest casualty to MotoGP, only 4 bikes can win, and that forces him to either sit in 5th without pay and hand me down support or go down further in the standings for a factory paycheck and a hope for improvement with the Duc.

I don't blame him for going to Duc, but hate that a GP crown can only be awarded to those on blue or orange bikes.

I hope he can pull a win before the end of the season tough. ( when was the last time a non-factory bike won a gp? )

Valentinokee46

August 15, 2013 7:23 PM

Now time to settle..not at all...time for you to prove that you worth a factory ride...Reduce crashes..show consistency...afterall jump onto red horse next year...try to give a title ride...Don't forget at last..help your yamaha factory guys by smashing the Honda couples...go go go:-)

Don-R

August 15, 2013 8:12 PM

Going to be even more difficult for Cal to pull a win this year once Yamaha introduce the seamless shift. That's when you'll start to see a noticeable performance differential between the sat bikes and works ones over race distance. I doubt Tech 3 would have been given the new gearbox anyway, but they sure as hell won't now.

Roundiniho

August 15, 2013 8:13 PM

All the guys who can look into the future, writing Cal off 1 season in advance, can they also just pop Saturday's lottery numbers on here please, I'm saving for a gixxer and a win on that would do very nicely.

jambop

August 15, 2013 8:23 PM

Well good luck to him at Ducati. The thing is that nobody knows what the Ducati will be like next year they could have an entirely new machine nobody knows but them fact! That aside Cal is a good rider but he is not fast enough to be a serious title contender, true he can give you a fast lap but unfortunately not enough of them during a race. Ducati are desperate to find a rider that can do anything with the bike Dovi started off making the right noises about the bike but that has changed and he is getting fed up already, enter stage left CC is he the one me I doubt it but he may just surpise. However as I have already said next year they could wheel out something totally fantastic... let's just wait and see!

Brolong22

August 15, 2013 8:51 PM

@Roundiniho
That made me chuckle, good comment. I mean i can see why most folk think its inevitable based on the amount of riders who have not got on with the duc but nobody knows for sure what can happen so while i won't be suprised if he performs in the same area as nicky dovi etc, i would obviously prefer for them to get it right and he and dovi can get in the mix.

1 2 3  »