MotoGP » 'Back to square one' for Ben Spies

"I need to have some CT scans on my wrist to see if there's anything broken, but definitely on my shoulder we have a grade 3 separation" – Ben Spies.

Raafrebel

August 18, 2013 12:17 AM

I know it is not really his fault, but how long can a team go without a rider??
Sponsors will be frustrated, team will be frustrated.
If I were a team boss, I would be looking for a replacement. I wonder if he is still getting paid his full salary???
It's a shame, but how long do you keep him on for?

pcxmac

August 18, 2013 12:28 AM

hes on the wrong bike not to be fit, thats just how it is.

of course, you can thank Bridgestone for only producing one kind of tire for all the (prototype) bikes on the grid.

Thanks Bridgestone, thanks commentators for brainwashing people in to thinking its safe and fair. Love the insanity.

Chaser

August 18, 2013 12:48 AM

Pcxmax... why do you think that ANYBODY that has a different opinion to yours does not "see things as they really are"?

EDIT by CRASH.NET - Some comments on another poster removed. No personal attacks please.

Roundiniho

August 18, 2013 2:23 AM

Damn it's a shame for this bloke. I appreciate why people are frustrated but imagine how he feels!! It sound stupid but I think taller guys come off worse in crashes in some situations.

Don't forget, he was in EXACTLY the same situation just a few years back as Cal is now, fighting at the pointy end with tech 3, fast forward, he's ridden the Duke about 3 times and already he's smashed into a million peices. It's just really unfortunate....

shamarone

August 18, 2013 3:41 AM

re: "Can someone also explain why they think Indy is so dangerous? I genuinely don't understand that...."

Well even if the track surface were consistent, there's the problem of the green-ness. see indy's not like most active tracks. It only hosts maybe 3 or 4 big events per year. The rest of the time, the track just sits. Indy was built more than a 100 years ago, The hulman-george's don't need to wh@re it out to pay bills. They're papered up.

1 2 3 4  »