MotoGP » Barry Sheene tribute at Silverstone MotoGP

"It will evoke a lot of great memories. His son Freddie will also be riding and I'm sure Barry will be looking down on him, telling Freddie to go past me" - Steve Parrish.

Roundiniho

August 21, 2013 11:31 AM

nice to see a tribute to the great man himself, dad still tells me about going to watch him race.

2 things though, I wouldnt let that idiot Parish anywhere near the saddle of that beautiful bike (even though its technically his old one too, its just based on his commentary, he's clearly blind)

Second thing, where the hell is Chris Vermulen???

samas

August 21, 2013 11:49 AM

Ten years ago we lost the greatest GP larikin of all time the bloke could have been a comedian and was greatly loved by we Australians, he really was a great wit as well as a great racer.
Rest in peace Bazza you are greatly missed.

DC

August 21, 2013 12:06 PM

Hope they show the parade on the beeb coverage. Barry will be looking down at Parrish and shouting "Gas it w@nker!"

All I can say is thank god the cricket was rained off in '79! The race was a real treat from two legends of GPs, rest in peace Barry.

DB8

August 21, 2013 1:08 PM

Will be there for the first time next week. Can't wait. Got a roving grandstand ticket. Any recommendations of where to go.

I fancy seeing some overtaking action, rather than flat out speed.

Balance

August 21, 2013 1:12 PM

I only wach some videos about Barry Sheene, allways stand out is crasy atitute=).. I have to search and wach more about him, i speack with some old m8s from England and they allways talck about Sheene, infact for some this was the rider that they love!! For me its a cool rider i enjoy is bike the design is funny that 4 exausts scare every child..lolo is Fun to wach old 500cc bikes allways COOL

AvTech37

August 21, 2013 4:55 PM

@DB8
Everyone has their pet opinion on where the best spot to spectate is but IMO the best is Woodcote A, seats P130, 131 and Q130,131 but they are reserved...indeed as are Village B, Woodcote B (Yamaha) and Luffield B (Ducati).
I guess I would go for Luffield A which is designated a roving grandstand.
Contrary to many, I think Silverstone can provide good viewing but they are currently doing their best to alienate the fans..... Car parking charges of £15 on race day (£25 for Saturday and Sunday), and horrendous prices for rubbish food and drink will all contribute to the 'Sod Silverstone' opinion, which is sad.

1 2 3 4  »