MotoGP » Silverstone puts smile on Rossi's face, but MotoGP 'too perfect'

"The bikes are too perfect. You maybe need to reduce the computer [electronics] by 50-60 per cent" - Rossi on MotoGP race action.

Filter Comments: All | Registered

Codger

August 31, 2013 8:57 AM

BurroMiapanino........I omitted to say that I was talking Casey on the Ducati, not the Honda. My apologies, I thought it was obvious.
The things I said are from what I read not what I thought.

BurroMiapanino

August 31, 2013 9:10 AM

That's what I'm saying Codger.
If he used less traction control to counter understeer on the duc, why would he still use very little on the Honda that doesn't suffer inherent understeer?
Your assumptions about why he uses little traction control are just that... assumptions, that you regularly portray as facts. There is a lot of evidence to suggest you are way off the mark.

therealDave

August 31, 2013 10:39 AM

"Look, I agree with what he says in a lot of ways but the intentions of his statement reflect more the sour grapes attitude of not being able to keep up, not what might be better for the fans."

@Burro,

Instead of telling people that they shouldn't convey their assumptions as fact, you should spend your time reflecting on how it is you know what rossi's intentions are behind his words.

I don't think i'm going out on a limb when I say. . . you wouldnt know what his intentions are but simply conveying your assumption as facts !

Codger

August 31, 2013 10:55 AM

Burro.....The only assumption that I made was that the person that said what I quoted was telling the truth. I can't remember whether it was Casey who said it, in fact, I think it came from his crew chief.

As regards Stoner's performance on the Honda, that didn't even come into it. Besides I don't know what Casey used or didn't use on the Honda and whatever it was it didn't seem to help him much.

BurroMiapanino

August 31, 2013 10:57 AM

You may be right Dave but I always give a reason to back up my opinions. This time it is the comparative performance gap between himself and Lorenzo and also the issue that unless you (and he) believe a mere mortal has nothing left to add to these machines, then why is he bothering to continue?
My opinion stands as to why he's been making more of these kind of statements. Instead of whinging about what the other kids have got, for starters, get some inspiration from his team mate.
It's not as though he's riding a dog is it.

Codger

August 31, 2013 11:20 AM

Burro...I've re-read our posts and I see why you attacked me. You mistakingly thought that I had a pop at Stoner. I apologise, I didn't mean it to come across like that. I was merely pointing out that he had practical reasons for turning down the electronics (the subject under revue) and surely we can agree that it worked for him?

therealDave

August 31, 2013 11:38 AM

@Burro,

Rossi has openly stated that he loves racing and as he has enough money to do what ever he wants, he will keep racing for as long as he enjoys it and can be competitive.

Pretty simple, in my opinion (not fact), rossi enjoys the racing and his interview in my opinion (not fact) is conveying that line of thought.

Many posters don't want to entertain the theory that rossi really does love what he is doing and he is fortunate enough to be able to keep doing it.

4th over-all and (1x1 1x2 2x3) is still competitive in my opinion (not fact). As for the "gap", 26 points after 11 rounds is not that large (in my opinion only)?

Conclusion. . .he still loves it and is still competitive so he keeps doing it (in my opinion)

Where these guys are at now does not diminish or extinguish what they have achieved and in that perspective, the others have a long way to go to catch rossi. . .if they can (in my opinion only).

BurroMiapanino

August 31, 2013 11:56 AM

I don't mind who you have a 'pop' at but I'm always happy to challenge an opinion with evidence to the contrary.
Until Valentino is consistently the fastest Yamaha, then it's difficult to misconstrue his opinion in this story as anything other than having a whinge.
Jorge has proved the bike can be faster, it's up to Valentino to step it up a couple of notches... if he is capable.
RealDave, that's great mate but until he gets the most out of the M1, he needs to stop the whining.

LiVio

August 31, 2013 12:13 PM

To the Aussies I've clearly upset I've been following motorcycling for 40yrs and go to nearly half the races every season ,but that is irrelevant ,Rossi does carry the sport fact every race even the Spanish ones are swamped with his fans that's why when everyone is resting Rossi is being rolled out by dorna to the likes of brazil and new markets and when dorna finally allow him to retire he will one day be in charge of this sport ,I truly rate doohan as one of the greatest but he (no fault of his own)nearly run a series into the ground hence the revamp and Rossi era ,don't hate appreciate folks

« 2 3 4 5 6 7 8  »