MotoGP » Early Pedrosa exertions 'prevented final challenge'

'I gradually caught up with Marc and Jorge, but I wore my tyres out in the process and at the end of the race I lacked grip' - Dani Pedrosa

purcian

September 02, 2013 8:03 AM

At the beginning of this season, Nakamoto stated that Honda would back their number one rider after the first half of the season, that is the rider who scored more points after 9 races. Marc Marquez is that rider.

In parc ferme, Dani applauded Jorge whilst the latter was standing on the bike, celebrating his victory. I've never seen that before. I sensed so much frustration in Dani's gesture. I may be wrong, but it was like saying "Jorge overtake him whenever you can, because I'm not allowed to anymore".

Marquez is the wonder kid that DORNA has been looking for since Rossi' s greatness started withering away.

Objective

September 02, 2013 9:07 AM

I can't believe the garbage posted on here by armchair experts. All three guys on the podium were riding on the ragged edge risking their lives. Going 200mph only inches apart and trying to out-brake each other with the rear wheel off the ground then throwing the bikes into the corner with their elbows and knees scraping the bitumen.

Tyre wear has been a big issue this year and if Dani says that he wore out his tyres bridging the gap to Jorge and Marc it is easy to believe. You guys should try overtaking Marc and Jorge at those speeds around Silverstone. Jorge admits that he was pushing to the max.

I take my hat off to all the guys who gave us a fantastic race.

CalvinChowCK

September 02, 2013 9:39 AM

You pushed all the way to the front and you stayed put in 3rd position throughout. Why didn't you try overtaking when you have the pace?? Jorge was right when he said "Now or Never". I just think you have got to do something to overcome your timidity or whatever that's blocking you from moving forward. It's not a time to being gentleman. I think a good lesson from the book "Who Moved My Cheese" is very timely. Yes, can't be just monitoring or observing from 3rd position, race after race.. (Sorry but kind of agree with the rest as frustration builds up seeing this kind of racing). You have one of the best bikes & the race pace & you're saying 3rd position is yr best. What is going on???

Riding this bike comes with responsibility to deliver. You have got to attack & get into the mixing with front guys. They too are human. It doesn't matter if you were overtaken time and again. Jorge & Marc exchanging positions every now & then. If you're not pushing, really, the bike might likely be gi

CalvinChowCK

September 02, 2013 9:42 AM

cont..

Really, if you're not pushing, I fear the bike might likely be given to someone else. Or the race result will keep demoralizing you. Or otherwise, Aleix might push it for you. Go on, ride with your actual caliber! You can do it! You've gone this far, do just conveniently throw it away! Sorry but sometimes it's the reality of life!

Garcia

September 02, 2013 10:21 AM

Very disappointing from Pedrosa. Honestly I expected more.

He sais that because he worn his tyres up catching up with the leading group, he then lacked grip on the right-hand corners and the bike slid out when he attempted to pass.
Well that's all very well, but that's his own stupid mistake. It was only lap 4 in the race when passed Bradl, and then went to lap at 2.01! what was the hurry? He had plenty, plenty of time to catch the leaders. He should have paced himself, give himself two or three more laps, conserve tires. He's not a rookie anymore, he should know better and he should do better if he wants to win a championship.

Very disappointed.

Yes Yes Yes Leave Me Alone

September 02, 2013 10:53 AM

I don't think there were team orders, and if there were, Dani is a b*tch for following them - he could at least have had a go - even just for the fan's enjoyment - thats why VR and MM are so popular - they have a go, regardless of tyres/team orders etc etc, they put their bike up the inside and ensure their rivals have to 'beat' them to win.

hoppy

September 02, 2013 12:06 PM

The realDave.
I have no problem with people expressing an opinion.
My concern is their inability to prove what they are claiming.
If people are going to make the accusation that Dani was ordered to stay behind his team mate,then lets have the proof.
Thats all i am saying mate.

Ponty

September 02, 2013 12:07 PM

"The letter 'T' being shown on his board, he later revealed, was short for 'Tirar', the Spanish phrase for go as hard as you can." (motomatters)

No team orders were given so everybody pls calm down. :)

VeNDaNi

September 02, 2013 12:46 PM

There is a clear difference in the way Lorenzo and Marc ride compared to Dani.

Lorenzo I think took the most risk to pass Marc in the last lap. He knew it was do or die and he did what he had.

Kudos to Lorenzo. He walks the talk.

Dani needs to learn that every race counts and every chance counts. You have lost yet another chance.

« 2 3 4 5 6 7 8  »