MotoGP » Rossi: Better than Brno, but still fourth

"The fourth place is better than in Brno, but it is still a fourth place" - Valentino Rossi.

YourManAdrian

September 03, 2013 5:04 AM

I absolutely love Rossi, he's been my favorite since I began watching MotoGP, but I don't know why everyone makes such a big deal about him not being as fast as he once was. We all know he is nearing the end of his riding career. Obviously he still has it in him, he did win at Asses. We can't expect anyone to be dominating forever. Every reign has to come to an end at some point. That's just the way it is. I just hope he can get a few more wins before he exits MotoGP :)

waldrive

September 03, 2013 5:41 AM

@ MikkyG

I was only half-joking

Cal won't beat Valentino every race.

He will I believe, finish in front of him more times than Rossi will beat Cal.

That prediction goes for this year as well.

maadie

September 03, 2013 6:23 AM

@waldrive
Cal beating rossi..

As per ur predictions, on duc no one can say he even is struggling on yam which is a lot lot stable..

This year 20pts behind till date..and countless crashes already..

Next year...God knows only..
I like cal so i pray he keeps himself safe rather than trying to be over enthusiastic with the duc..
and i suggest you should pray also for his safety and maintaining his fifth spot rather than making predictions about him beating rossi in every race..

And if Rossi is in top three next year, u r suggesting Cal would be WC contender next year..??

uwang

September 03, 2013 7:32 AM

I strongly believe there is conspiracy in yamaha garage

1. Rossi competitive at the beginning GP
2. When lorenzo injured he can win
3. Remember ben spies last year

Yamaha make different between first rider garage and second rider garage

chrissb6

September 03, 2013 8:21 AM

The question has got to be asked, why did Rossi bike run out of fuel on the slow down lap? If he had run the same mapped motor as the front runners for me he would have not even finished the race! Obviously his speed was restricted by the fuel the bike needed to finish the race, on that one, he and his crew got that one spot on!! Normally a full factory motor would see off a satellite bike down the straights no problem. Rossi did all his overtaking on the brakes into the bends. Strange that the only time Rossi has won this year is when Lorenzo was odds on at not making the start at Assen

Poddy

September 03, 2013 9:29 AM

Come off it boys, last two years it was the bike, then it was getting the set-up right and now its a conspiracy working to stop him winning, FFS, maybe he is just not that good anymore, maybe it is NOT the bike, maybe its 80% rider 20% bike, maybe you would all be happier with just having him race and stop making predictions followed by excuses.

Give the guy a break FFS

Motojunky

September 03, 2013 10:04 AM

Good on you Rossi.
You are performing up to standard as far as I'm concerned. Been out of contention riding that piece of crap for 2 years, and I didn't expect to much 1st time out on a gun bike. You have won a race and are in 4th position out of 6 factory bikes. Would be a good year if you can finish in front of Pedro, because you are without question (in my opinion) still a far better rider than him.
And as for Cal, well he is starting to make Schwantz look good in regard to binning bikes. lol.
Keep going Rossi.

DontTesttheX

September 03, 2013 10:45 AM

@uwang I'm glad you point this out as I suspected the same thing, ever since last year with spies. They wanted him out knowing they could poach Rossi. It's like the wick is turned up generally for certain riders, to engineer a contest which ultimately makes money for Dorna. I mean, 3 spaniards at the top...?

« 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16  »