MotoGP » Nicky Hayden ponders MotoGP, WSBK options

“I know that once you leave MotoGP you don't normally come back” – Nicky Hayden.

ducati1098

September 12, 2013 7:55 PM

I'm a big Nicky Hayden fan and like many others I too am looking forward to know where he will end up in 2014. Though he may no longer be a rider on the Desmo after this year, I can certainly say that either a Yamaha M1 or Aprilia ride will offer significant satisfaction compared to the current Desmo. I am hoping he will continue to ride in MotoGP but this time for the Noale factory. Should he decide to continue riding for a factory-backed machine, the closest he will ever get outside of WSBK is through the Aprilia factory. An upgraded chassis and pneumatic valved engine amongst other upgrades will surely improve the current ART product. A "customer-spec" Yamaha M1 will not touch a factory-backed M1 but the Aprilia machine will bring him closer to top 3-5 positions. He can still ride the heck out of any bike but I think the Aprilia package is far superior than what's currently out there.

Vilas46

September 12, 2013 11:11 PM

mmm I think Hayden will stay at Motogp.. Go to Wsbk generates optimism and he speack about winning but its better for Hayden dont forget that some Wsbk riders where Ex Motogp riders and they have to put 100% of there talente to Win the year.. for 2014 the rules should give more chances to the Vtwins bikes but honestly i think Hayden will not be what people expect.. just my feeling.. Anyway i think he will ride one Motogp

shamarone

September 13, 2013 4:49 AM

re: "but I don't want to give up on my dream in MotoGP."

what dream...? you were already WORL' CHAMPEEN '06 and beat ross to the title ta boot (FISTPUMP).

is there some greater dream we should know about...?

golfnut04

September 13, 2013 1:58 PM

Im glad he wants to stay in Motogp, my prediction is that he must already have some reassurance from a couple teams in the paddock, Aprillia or LCR, also he was seen checking the Aprillia effort for next year, good luck and have a good race this weekend.

Bazx7r

September 13, 2013 2:36 PM

@ Shamarone, Dream - read gravey train. Anyone who believes the customer Honda will be a competative package is deluded. No trick gearbox or Pnumatic valves, It doesn't matter how much extra fuel they are allowed, if your engine wont rev that high to be able to use it its just extra unsprung weight. I wish Nicky the best of luck where ever he ends up but WSBK is by far his best option.

1 2  »