MotoGP » Test serves as confidence boost for Crutchlow

'I think the chance to ride without the pressure of a race weekend came at a good time for me and I was able to gain more confidence with my YZR-M1' - Cal Crutchlow

Vilas46

September 17, 2013 1:49 PM

I tell you this if you whant a nick name for Cal dont search more, we can call him Fenix.. because he allways rise from the ashes.. was a good lap, the probleme is allways the same, Mr Sonday where the pressure is like God is everywhere with the expactacion on people eyes, thats why is on sonday that we wach the real riders.. Anyway aim not saying that he can t be good, he wil have time to improve that point at Ducati if he whant to beat Dovi..

Nunnmeister

September 17, 2013 6:06 PM

I was wondering when you'd chime in Vilas...

Cal is a quality rider, he's had a tough last couple of races but I'm sure he can get at least 1 or 2 more podiums before the year is out.

I wish him all the best at Ducati, lets just hope they pull their finger out and design a bike that can challenge consistently.

PatrickD

September 17, 2013 6:49 PM

Jorge Lorenzo sorely needs a wing-man to get the championship. Yamaha should be bolstering Cal and Rossi to try to make that happen. Although I think they are both lacking that last 2% that might make it happen.

R6Ryder

September 19, 2013 12:07 AM

I gotta disagree with the idea that Cal still has 2 more pod's in him. He will have to beat Pedrosa and rossi and at this point I don't see it happening. Cal hAs only beat rossi on a dry track like 2-3 times this year and rossi is improving. Pedrosa isn't injured at the moment either. I think he has done well this year so far. But I'm afraid he won't be getting any more podiums without a wet race or some crashes.

Garcia

September 19, 2013 12:38 PM

@ PatrickD and the 7 people who agreed with his comment , "Jorge Lorenzo sorely needs a wing-man to get the championship. "

What have you been watching? There is no such thing as a "wing-man" in Motogp . If either Cal or Rossi were able to ride at Lorenzo's pace, the first thing they''d do is try to beat him. This is not F1 or something. Look at Pedrosa and his 'wing-man', how that's working for him.

You can be assured Lorenzo is pretty happy to be working solo for the championship.