MotoGP » Moto2: Scott Redding 'armed' for title showdown

“The championship battle with Pol, and maybe Tito, is going to go down to the wire and I need to be completely fit if I'm to fight my corner” - Scott Redding.

ducati1098

September 24, 2013 5:48 PM

What I don't understand is why Yamaha, Aprilia, Suzuki, and Ducati did not consider Scott Redding. The other manufacturers are foolish to allow such a talent go to Honda who is arming themselves for GP domination in the coming years. Unbelievable.

Kwack636R

September 24, 2013 6:22 PM

Maybe they did, but Scott chose what he believed to be the most competetive ride available to him.

That Gresini Honda is sure to be a decent bike, and a good showing on that would more than likely open other doors within Honda.

The other manufacturers all had their top rides sewn up with proven contenders and the remaining options for them to present were imo not as attractive as the proddy Honda.

I'll be surprised if Scott isn't mixing it with the full factory bikes of Bautista and Bradl in fairly short order, and several seconds up the road from the Ducati's.

Whapper

September 24, 2013 6:28 PM

@Kwack636R - I'm afraid it's the Honda customer bike, so there'll be no mixing it with the real prototypes, apart from the Ducatis but they're being beaten by the CRT's anyway. At the moment MotoGP is in a mess and there are just not enough bikes which can showcase the riders talent, the difference in machine performance is so large that you can't tell if it's the rider or bike which is cr*p and careers are being destroyed.

Kwack636R

September 24, 2013 6:32 PM

@Whapper - I mentioned it's the proddy customer bike, I'm aware of that. But it's also allowed an extra 4 litres of fuel. I know the rules are not right at the moment, and the factories clearly won't want the top teams beaten by their proddy bikes, and that won't happen any time soon.

Though I do think that Scott has enough talent and the Honda customer bike will be quick enough to be up there amongst the other satellite 'full factory' bikes.

Regardless, I still think that it's the best ride that was available to him and with potential for a better ride in the future, results pending.

Simon Cartledge

September 25, 2013 7:27 AM

Good luck Scott!

Brave to get the op in Barca... I can imagine just before he succumbed to the the knockout gas before the op...

Doctor: Oh Scott, I forgot to mention I have a special assistant for this operation.

*Pol's grinning face drifts in to view as the room fades away*

Reese

September 25, 2013 10:03 AM

I think Tech 3 in GP would be great for Scott. The Yami is fastest in the curves but a bit off pace on the straight aways! About par to what he's dealing with now. Hope the Moto2 championship comes down to the final race with only 5 points separating the top 3!!!!!!!!!!!

1 2  »