MotoGP » Marquez: I just touched Pedrosa a little bit

Rookie MotoGP championship leader Marc Marquez talks Dani Pedrosa incident - Race Direction launches investigation...

R6Ryder

September 29, 2013 5:04 PM

@Daveslouch. When was the last time race direction made a decision that had any affect on the outcome of a race or the championship? You say your fed up with them affecting the outcome. Please tell me when that happened. The last time I saw a penalty that changed the outcome was 2011 when Simo was given a ride thru penalty for his clash with Dani P in lemans I believe. I'm not critisizing your opinion I'm just wandering if maybe I missed something. They always "investigate" contact between the top riders. Even when Nicky ran Dovi off track they didnt penalize him. They haven't penalized Marquez for it either. And he did use Jorge to keep from running wide in Jerez . He's made contact a couple times. None if which had a penalty of points or positions. That I know of

SmokinHaddock

September 29, 2013 5:04 PM

@jambop, no I don't think it was that reckless. Its just that MM has form and it was his resposnsibility to avoid the rider in front. I certainly wouldn't want it to be a knitting competition.

the inconsistency of the stewards is certainly alarming!

Number 55 you are talking nonsense. DP has passed MM, and rider of his quality doesn't highside on a corner like that without a technical fault.

SmokinHaddock

September 29, 2013 5:15 PM

Number 85, do you understand what traction control is and how it works? Dani, Honda, and Marc have all stated what happened. There is little doubt. MM snaps the cable, DP winds the throttle as normal but the engine isn't controlled as DP would expect, and the rear spins up. DP launched, thankfully without injury.

jambop

September 29, 2013 5:15 PM

@smokinhaddock
I repeat its not international crochet this is top line motorcycle racing. If you want riders to give their competitors some sort of comfort zone it does explain why you are here commenting on a race and they are out there racing! Secondly the guy who taught you to race knows squat about slipstreaming. Don't come on here making statements about the very best racers in motorcycle racing from a layman's perspective and nobody you know could tell any of these race anything about motorcycle racing end of!

TalentFan

September 29, 2013 5:20 PM

On this occasion I don't blame MM. On these things with all the tech the opportunity to pass is very limited and there's no margin for error. So u have to ride close and dive late or play follow my leader.

The electronics are forcing this and making a mockery of the safety angle. Rossi says three quarters of the rider aids are purely for performance anyhow.

The electronics contributed to the touch and then also put DP into near orbit when they failed as a result of the touch.

I want to see rider skill and bike control. Not remote control programmable bikes with brave pseudo-riders clinging on trusting the inputs the Geek stood safely in pit lane uploaded into his 250hp guided missile.

safeeuropeanhome

September 29, 2013 5:23 PM

Given a clear track Marquez is sensational ,only Lorenzo can match him. But when he is in close proximity to other bikes he often looks like an accident waiting to happen because he pushes so hard. We saw it in Moto 2, and now in Moto GP it must be in double figures this season the number of times he's gone into a corner too hot and been in danger of crashing into the rider in front.

Now I would put today down as an unfortunate racing incident, it was very unlucky that Dani's TC broke on the touch, which with no prior warning caused the highside. Marquez however has been pushing his luck all season with things like this, if he carries on like this, which he will, there is a big accident waiting around the corner. He needs to be more in control when close to other riders.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11  »