MotoGP » Marquez: I just touched Pedrosa a little bit

Rookie MotoGP championship leader Marc Marquez talks Dani Pedrosa incident - Race Direction launches investigation...

SmokinHaddock

September 29, 2013 5:27 PM

Jambop, steady there, I was trying to have a deabte with you! There are lots of reasons I don't race anymore, and I certainly never had the talent these guys have. I happily admit I didn't have the aggresion of a top international rider, but I did get out there and give it a go. Happy days. The guy who taught me the slipstreaming trick was a national 125 champion and TT winner. Slipstreaming is absolutely vital on those tiddlers. Have you ever experimented slipstreaming down a long straight? I have, and the slipstream effect works very slightly to either side of the bike in front, I'm talking inches, but enought to avoid a direct impact in the event of the bike in front suddenly slowing. A raced with a bloke the size of a house. You could slipstream him about 5 yards to the side :)

lux

September 29, 2013 5:31 PM

What are you guys talking about Dorna now being unfair to MM?

They've done everything in their power to protect and shelter him, remember from moto2 when the penalty was withdrawn? And of course the rookie rule?

gammagamma

September 29, 2013 5:34 PM

Personally, another reckless collision aside, I think most runoff areas are far too big, encouraging too many banzai moves knowing that if you don't dump it, or smash into someone in front, you can just roll on and lose a few tenths. Leave the racing surface, Game Over. Flame away.

SilveryBlack

September 29, 2013 5:36 PM

Valentino makes light of the whole situation, but in reality this isn't a joke, one can't go around using people as brakes, he has done it to Lorenzo and now Injures Pedrosa and after all pedrosa has suffered this season. if Marquez whats to take a risk let it involve only him. he is too reckless to be considered a good rider, ask all those from Moto 2 and Moto 3, do you recall how he wiped out Scott Redding a few years ago

jambop

September 29, 2013 5:45 PM

@smokinhaddock

Aye that's ok. The fact remains you are here and they are there right at the top and I repeat you know nobody who could tell any of the top guys racing in moto gp anything at all about how to race a moto gp motorcycle. As to your comment about TT winners. I personally love the TT event its great but IT IS NOT RACING IT IS A TIME TRIAL now that is a fact. There was a time when two riders actually did start at the same time but not any more.

pcxmac

September 29, 2013 5:50 PM

the sad thing is Marc isnt even really trying, he could be 10x more malicious if he wanted to be.

Bad luck, maybe, but people thinking TC is what keeps those bikes on the track are stupid, the differential in behavior between having a wheel sensor is what created the unpredictable throttle response, assuming Marc did clip his sensor.

Just tired of watching the rook whose so poor on the brakes walk a way in front of two superior riders who are obviously down a class on tires/machinery.

Have fun MotoFreaks, Marc doesnt even have to try to win races, only BStone and Dorna will be keeping him from winning from now on. The only reason why BStone and Dorna don't want him to win is to keep viewers entertained, but as long as the stupid commentators can keep excusing poor behavior and keep punting poor reasoning, the masses will continue to love their bread and circus.

jambop

September 29, 2013 5:53 PM

@silveryblack are you sure its not slaveryblack?

At what point did MM use DP as a brake? The contact was so minimal it did not even cause any lost track time or change of direction. If Honda make a bike that can become that dangerous with such a minimal contact it should be banned from racing. Honda should have keep quite about the fragility of their machine, in fact Suppo should know better than make such comments!

SmokinHaddock

September 29, 2013 6:05 PM

Jambop,

I am mystified how you think you know who I know, particularly having told you that I was involved in the sport. Oh well. Now who do you think teaches MotoGP riders? Or do you think a 20 year old already knows it all? In fact it is sometimes about controlling them rather than teaching them. Some control is necessary, particularly for riders with form. That is what this debate is about. Despite your digs at me I still agree with your crochet comment, and agree about the apparent fragility of the bike and sensor.

The TT reference was about the credibility of the guy teaching me. I am well aware of how the TT runs.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11  »