MotoGP » Marquez, Pedrosa summoned by Race Direction

No decision on Marquez-Pedrosa Aragon incident until the Malaysian MotoGP

Filter Comments: All | Registered

TalentFan

September 30, 2013 6:27 PM

Let us not forget that LUCK has played a big part in MM's fortunes, not talent.

He was amazingly lucky to escape virtually unscathed from a what, 207mph get off early on. I don't think he realises just HOW lucky he was.

Also, he could VERY easily have killed someone (CC and/or several trackside marshals) at Silverstone Warm-up. Again in a non-race situation (like poor Willairot's torpoedoing) MM ignored waved yellows (which he claimed he didn't see) and lobbed it. Only a very observant marshall and a shouted warning averted disaster.

No-one can say this boy doesn't sail very close to the wind and ride his luck. The law of averages says he's going to be the catalyst for something big and unpleasant if he doesn't wise up IMO.

DamZen1

September 30, 2013 6:30 PM

Hey Honda, I have a full packet of tie wraps in my shed and I'll sell you one for 47 quid,I know it's a rediculous price for a piece of plastic but compared to the prices you are happy to charge me for some plastic replacement items then I think that this quote is quite competitive.

Just do a BSB and disqualify him from the results,guilty or not it would be good for the compotition

Gilles

September 30, 2013 6:34 PM

@Talent, some of your comments recently have made some sense but your rants today are totally ridiculous. How many major crashes did JL have in his 1st year, in fact, how many has he had this year. Bautista nearly killed Rossi earlier in the year and has caused many accidents involving more than one rider in previous years. remind me what his penalty was again?..

TalentFan

September 30, 2013 6:46 PM

@ Gilles

I thinking in terms of the context of the incidents rather than the actual results.

Bautista / Rossi was a pretty typical early Lap 1 melee where everyone is off line and scrabbling for vital early track position. There was little opportunity for avoidance and I think RD read it right. Compare that with his Lorenzo torpoedo - well that was just a brain-fade moment and totally different.

JL crashed a lot trying hard in his rookie year, but I don't recall him being anything like as aggressive in contact with other riders as MM consistently does.

In THIS case I think it is hard to justify a penalty for MM for THIS incident, as without the sensor going it'd have been a non-event. What I have been saying is that MM's overall behaviour concerns me somewhat. I'm not the only one muttering that he's on target to hurt himself or others badly without a minor attitude adjustment.

TalentFan

September 30, 2013 6:53 PM

@ Gilles

I suppose my 'rants' have actually been (a bit) off topic perhaps. I've been looking at MM's overall record for aggressive moves and marginal calls over the years, rather than this one thing with DP.

Like I said above... if this was an isolated 'near-miss' with MM involved no-one would have given it a 2nd thought. But take into account his formbook and it has to give you a different take on it.

I still recall his nasty M2 habit of passing at the end of a straight and then slamming across the nose of the other guy in the braking zone, pushing them off-track or making them run on. MM does things that are too marginal too often by far for it to be anything other than deliberate. THAT is the core of what I'm saying.

I really am concerned this kid is going to cause a big un unless he has an attitude change. I hope that clarifies my 'rants'.

Ponty

September 30, 2013 7:00 PM

I kinda felt bad for dani. What an unlucky rider! Always sometihng bad happens to him

But i dont like his recent comments when he tries to kinda blame MM:

"Marc is always riding on the limit when he has riders in front," Pedrosa told Spanish television.

"This time, like he has been doing all year, he almost hit me from behind and when he touched me he broke the traction control sensor and I just flew.

"That was the end of my race I fell because of that.

"On days like this you only hear the winner but I'd like to say that race control has been taking things too lightly with things that have been happening in recent years"

"A lot of experienced riders like myself have been trying to calm down others with less experience, but in this case, as usual, they have looked the other way"

Imho the unfortunate tc failure is to blame and not Marc. It was a minor touch happens lots of times in every race and nobody talks about it.

some1

September 30, 2013 7:02 PM

The guilty party is Honda for not following safety design feature when applying it sensor's cable. A new safety lesson for the manufacture.

Nothing to do with racing incident or dangerous riding behavior. If this lead to any rider punishment, it will clearly sent a wrong message.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11  »