MotoGP » Marquez, Pedrosa agreement 'almost impossible'

'What needs to be understood is whether this could have been avoided – both the incident between the two riders and the accident itself – because those are the two important aspects' - Javier Alonso

shpongled

October 02, 2013 2:15 PM

2 more points:
1) It was obvious the cable broke from contact - Dani was easy on the power as he knew he was off-line. I even said to the Mrs at the time that something wasn't right!
2) Did anyone hear Julian 'know-it-all about stats but nothing about bikes' Ryder say ( along the lines of) " to all the people that say TC stops people crashing, there's proof that it doesn't" ? Well Mr Ryder, it just goes to show that you're wrong and TC most certainly DOES stop people crashing. I've heard riders say it doesn't, but I'm starting to think that they say that because they don't want to admit that no-one has the balls to try without it anymore.
Oh and a 3rd point ( leading from my dislike for Ryder / Cox ): £60/year for GP.com pass. That's £3 a race-ish. If someone said to me, right now, that if I paid £3 a race I wouldn't have to listen to Ryder / Cox, I'd pay them £5 as a gesture of goodwill!!!!

6uille

October 02, 2013 2:15 PM

Dear Mr. Honda :
It is time to get rid of Mr. Dani Pedrosa and his coach Alberto Puig, seven years and not a single championship.
Enter Jorge Lorenzo and Ramon Forcada.
Sincerely,
Big Honda Fan
Edit : Kind of harsh now that I think about it :)

Garcia

October 02, 2013 2:20 PM

@ shpongled, I agree.

If they send him to the back of the grid for Sepang I can see the whole grid opening up like the red sea to let him through. Someone goes down on that first lap and it's instant carnage.

BMac

October 02, 2013 2:21 PM

This whole episode has eased my dilemma this year because I saw this as Dani's chance to win the Championship, which I would have liked, but I didn't want Alberto to be that happy.

6uille

October 02, 2013 2:32 PM

If they send Hormiga to the back of the grid and nails a podium it will just make him more valuable.
By the way, I'm an Edwards fan, Colin entertains, even though he is rapidly approaching the racing sunset.

DontTesttheX

October 02, 2013 2:43 PM

Paradoxically, the electronics rider-aid obsession in Motogp could actually backfire and cause a serious and perhaps fatal accident one day. I mean, it is like aircraft - incredibly safe, but fatal if something DOES go wrong...
So, traction control cable accidentally severed, rider doesn't realise this and whacks open throttle, and BOOM! Dani Pedrosa is actually very lucky...Perhaps we should actually go back to trusting the riders skill and judgement a bit more, and maybe go back to better racing too...

DontTesttheX

October 02, 2013 2:46 PM

How can anyone want Dani to win a championship?!? He never smiles and looks totally fed-up riding million pound motorcycles on fantastic race tracks. He gives nothing to the fans and if any rider breaths down his neck he gets upset...all sound familiar? The boat has been and gone, Dani...perhaps your time is up.

6uille

October 02, 2013 2:53 PM

Marquez vs TC cable : if it happened instead to...
Jorge : he would be swinging his index finger again
Bautista : making hand gestures of how it happened
Crutchlow : shrugging his shoulders with a frown
Rossi : dissapointed but laughing about it

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11  »