MotoGP » Hayden in the dark over Dall’Igna departure

"We don't know if Aprilia are still going to make the same commitment" - Nicky Hayden.

Conrice

October 11, 2013 5:31 PM

It sucks to have Hayden's plans disrupted. I don't know what the best situation would be now. If Gigi remained at Ape - for sure, that was the best option between a production Honda and the NGM in my opinion.

But now... I think the Ape would be DOA. I knew Aspar was talking to Honda America and HRC. I think that would be better right off the bat and it'd be better long term.

At least the Honda is a package that's fairly developed. And in poor weather, it really could be a threat to the top runners.

Unfortunately, I think it's over for Ape in Motogp

LLarry

October 11, 2013 6:50 PM

Of course you were in the dark about it Nikki.
At the end of the day, you are just a rider and riders tend to blab.
I love the way Hayden describes GiGi as going to be HIS engineer. No, he was going to be your BOSS, the one who pays your wages.

Conrice

October 11, 2013 10:39 PM

Ducati1098 - If they had some limitations on the electronics, I have no doubt. It's funny to hear all of the JLo and Dani fanboys talking about how Marc wouldn't be anywhere near the top if it weren't for the electronics. Neither would Dani or JLo. Those guys' speed is dependent on the electronics too.

YourNameHere

October 12, 2013 2:10 AM

Conrice, +1

At any rate, knowing Nicky, I take his remarks as a semi tongue-in-cheek, semi-exasperated "what else can these guys do to mess me up?" I hope he ends up on the 'onda as I think he'll have the ability to surprise some factory riders on the right day. Realistically, what else can a non-factory rider hope for these days?

golfnut04

October 12, 2013 4:01 AM

Talking about Electronics riders like Hayden, Rossi ,Marquez and Stoner would ride anything on two wheels regardless of electronic help, but Jlo is too dependent on it thats the reason he doesnt crash that often, he would not endeavour past the limit like the riders i mentioned.

1 2  »