MotoGP » Rossi unable to achieve front row target

'I wanted to try for the front row but in the end I wasn't able to, which was a pity. Starting from the fourth position is not so bad' - Valentino Rossi

joat

November 09, 2013 5:45 PM

Its where he is at his happiest. He is not going to risk any big crash to "help Jorge Lozenzo" as he said he would. Also should he unexpectedly find himself ahead as he did last time out, we can rest assured he will 'go off by accident' . Then again I maybe wrong, only tomorrow will tell. Cant wait for race! Good luck to them all.

R6Ryder

November 09, 2013 5:57 PM

Looks like the last 1/3 of the season VR has got his qual positions to match his race positions. Seems like they have chosen the wrong tire a few times . A was re-reading an interview with VR. When asked how he felt about JB's comment about him being too old rossi replied (jokingly) "who, me or him" lol. I think it was a joke with a bit of real feeling too it. Maybe rossi thinks JB is too old. Its a hard pill to swallow when an athlete ages and can't maintain the same level as previous. He knows its a factor but I think he still feels like he is better than 12-15 sec off the winner

R6Ryder

November 09, 2013 6:01 PM

He has never blamed it on Jeremy. He feels like trying a new direction and Jeremy doesn't agree. If he didnt make a change he would forever wander if he still might of had it. I get it. I feel for JB in a way but at some point vale will be sacked and he knows it so its worth trying everything he can to improve. He has nothing to lose at this point. Sorry I got off topic..

Codger

November 09, 2013 6:10 PM

Rossi won't risk too much just to get a favourable grid position. Breaking your bones or your number 1 bike is not very clever.
He'll no doubt find some extra pace for the race, as usual, and we'll see if it is enough.

Guna4699

November 09, 2013 6:11 PM

He is clearly the fourth best this season in every ways,, nothing more nothing short,, but passion for the sport is still sky high...
Has achieved a lot and lot,, earned more than the earnings of all current riders put together,, faced worst criticism and bashing in past couple of season which went on limit where people even doubted
the credibility of what ever he has achieved so far including his 9crowns,, natural phenomena called ageing has started to hamper his chances and still... still.... He feels that he has things left to accomplish and prove himself again to people,, still desparate and hungry for wins,,

He is nothing short of a living legend and to me the greatest of all time for sure... His motivation and dedication are second to none... Just can't tolerate people bashing him hardly as if he deserves nothing...

Codger

November 09, 2013 6:17 PM

How would it be if half way round the last lap Jorge, Rossi, and Marc were in a last lap scuffle. With Marc safely holding the Title then Rossi could go for the win, and he wins last lap battles.

It wouldn't mean too much to me except that I'd LOVE it as a parting present to the Awesome Antipodean.

I'll miss JB. His 'give nothing away' interviews on the grid were classic.

LanceTheHooliganAlbon

November 09, 2013 6:44 PM

I'm really excited for the race tomorrow and I hope that Rossi can mix it up at the front with the others. I'm hoping Marquez will take the title but that Rossi can reclaim it next year. I have come to like Lorenzo as he too shows the respect that is due to Rossi and I feel sorry for Pedrosa for not winning a title in 8 years on the factory Honda. Marquez has truly been the star of 2013 though :)

asif

November 09, 2013 8:53 PM

i partially understand him wanting to try someone new as a crew chief with the hope he can find the extra pace he needs . i just felt he dealt with jerrys sacking appaulingly badly and has let himself down as a result..however wish him luck next year, hes going to need it because up until he put the soft tyres on in practice( others were on hard) he was the usual half a second off the (race)pace which grew in qually when the front 3 went to softs.. seems to me hes nearer bradl/crutchlow on race pace than lorenzos and mm.. that said if he gambles and can find a way to make the softs last and the others start on hards he may be a suprise yet.. lets hope so..

1 2 3 4  »