MotoGP » Marc Marquez (MotoGP champion) - Q&A

“Jorge all the year complained about me, complained that I might [injure another] rider. And here [at Valencia] he had some movements even stronger”- Marc Marquez.

NZDan

November 13, 2013 7:53 AM

The last few questions peaked my interest, I had wondered if maybe after the accident in moto2 and the subsequent surgery if he now suffered from myopia, might explain why he sometimes has to take evasive cornering action when following other riders! :D

The guy is wicked fast and I look forward to the challenge he brings to the series next year.

SkyWilk

November 13, 2013 2:52 PM

People keep forgetting one key factor: He had NO pressure this year. He kept trotting the rookie situation. Next year, he is the defending champion, and he will have pressure from the start. Let's see how he will deal with that in his head and with Lorenzo breathing down his neck.

gutbucket

November 13, 2013 7:38 PM

jorge may have pulled strong moves at valencia,but as pederosa said after his traction control incident with mm.riders want to know what the line is between dangerous and safe racing.if race control turns a blind to mm,s aggresive moves then other riders will follow and lorenzo proved he is every bit as capable of ( playing hardball) as the yanks would say.

Realist

November 14, 2013 3:20 AM

I like how MM called JL out. Fair play to him!

As for not having pressure. I'd agree that, at the beginning of the season there was no pressure. Once we hit the final 5 races and MM saw that he really had a shot, you better believe there was pressure. It's like walking into a room full of beautiful women and thinking, "I can't pull any of these chicks"....then one walks up to you at some point during the night and is genuinely interested in you and/or bedding you. You better believe that your anxiety shoots through the roof.

Bram

November 14, 2013 12:51 PM

Unlike CS and JL, no air of arrogance and completely humble.

A truly deserving champion who I hope keeps his feet on the ground and continues to deliver thrilling racing.

Congratulations Marc.

BoZz

November 14, 2013 7:01 PM

All races need their villains Bram, it's what gives the sport another element.

Personally I like Jorge and Casey being who they were, be a bit boring for me if they were all humble and polite. A lot of who they are probably reflects off some things we don't see as speccys, the behind the scene stuff.