MotoGP » Smith: New bike everything I've been searching for

"It's everything I was searching for throughout the season and we were able to improve and unlock the keys to the bike" - Bradley Smith.

TalentFan

November 13, 2013 2:24 PM

Well done again Brad Smith. 0.3 off Marquez's HRC is seriously impressive.

There'll be a lot of miserable trolls under bridges for WEEKS!

How many will man-up and take back some of nasty snide comments? Not one I bet.

SuperSick58

November 13, 2013 2:36 PM

TalentFan, I'll be the first. At the beginning of the year I posted that Smith is in way over his head and will finish 9th or 10th in the Chamionship. Look at most of his finishes in the top 8 and notice how many people faster than him retired or crashed out of the race. Secondly, doing one lap at a fast pace is great but doing that fast lap consistently for an entire race is another. Smith does not have the talent to do that. I am not bashing the kid but just giving my honest opinion of his talent.

Vince21

November 13, 2013 2:36 PM

It is not trolling to say that Bradley Smith did not deserve his tech 3 ride last season based on his resume and that there were many better options. He has done well so far today in a test, that does not change the past, but it is a good sign for the future.

TalentFan

November 13, 2013 2:55 PM

@ SuperSick58

If nothing else this performance and Brad's comments highlight the fact that the Tech 3 bikes were NOT the same through the 2nd half. Loads of Brad-Bashers INSISTED that they were, and that BS was rubbish cos he wasn't as fast as CC.

There is SO much variation in kit AND the support through MotoGP its impossible to know any more who is really good and who is just getting better support.

Its like the new customer Honda being within 0.3 of the Repsol. Yes - with Stoner and a crack HRC crew inputting data settings. Out with the private teams its a whole new ball game - those bikes at the Valencia test haven't been within MILES of the Repsols - I doubt ALL that time is JUST rider.

Guna4699

November 13, 2013 3:22 PM

Next generation riders are stepping up big time with alarming pace,, lorenzo and dani must better watch their back while one has already gone past or at par with the two... Smith would have started smoking cal next season if he would have stayed with tech3... Next time he would be right up there in the mix with vale and bautista or even better at times... But Rossi is a big barrier to go past,, he either needs the pace of top3 or extra ordinary battling skills...

SBPilot

November 13, 2013 3:40 PM

@TalentFan: I'll admit, I was a huge Smith hater and frankly I still don't like the kid. But I do respect the lap time he just did and that is seriously impressive I agree. With a factory bike (seamless tranny) I wouldn't be surprised if he could have matched MM time as a one off.

So yes, I admit, the kid's fast and we will see how he does in a race. We all have seen Ducati's this season pull one off fast laps too. Race craft is another story.

However, I still don't like him as a person/personality whatever. He's so incredibly boring. His interviews, his persona (or lack thereof), his look, and that god awful nasal voice and accent of his. His look/voice he's born with. But man, kids got no personality or charisma.

In the end I've gained a lot of respect for Smith, but we will see next year. I still don't think he has the talent to be at the top. I still predict Pol will do better so long he doesn't bin it too much.

1 2 3 4 5 6  »