MotoGP » EXCLUSIVE Cal Crutchlow - Q&A: Part 2

"Marc is riding hard. But ten years ago nobody would have said a thing" - Cal Crutchlow.

TalentFan

November 22, 2013 1:13 PM

I have to say I do like what Cal says and the way he says it. Comes across as a thoughtful and prett honest self-appraisal that I find hard to fault. Bradley Smith's Q&A's and interviews give me much the same impression.

Not sure I share his confidence about the direction and the competiveness of the Racing though - 2014 looks like being pretty awful. Hopefully CC is referring to a longer-term plan that Ezpeleta has up his sleeve for 2015 onward!

I'd like to see CC and Ducati do well &take some big steps back toward competitiveness - but I can see the 20L / 5motor stupidity and the OTT data and mapping making that even harder than ever in 2014.

If the CC/Ducati combo is mega-fast in practice & quali - then before muppets start up - try to think 1st that maybe the dumb rules may be the limiting factor on race-day performances eh?

Matt2

November 22, 2013 1:18 PM

Good interview, I like him more now. Great joke about the quali! I think it was right choise to go Ducati. The bike is **** at the moment, but the fact is they can make it better and win championship , you are not gonna win it by running satellite bike.

The rider wight is troublesome thing. I can see how it anoises heavier guys but adding DEAD weight to smaller guys bike puts them disatvantage. If you are heavier rider you can move the weight but dead weight is dead weight.

Andy Coumbe

November 22, 2013 2:20 PM

Really good interview, thanks Crash.net!

Cal has a great fighting spirit, and I think that is why he is one of the fans favorites. No excuses, just gets the job done.

Really looking forward to supporting him through the next few years with Ducati, might even manage to get that autograph this year!

Gecko

November 22, 2013 3:07 PM

Nice one Cal !!
I understand why you went to Ducati, and You are right. It is a good chance to promote yourself and maybe build a bike that is worthy of racing again.

No matter what happens , enjoy yourself.

MotoMarc

November 22, 2013 5:07 PM

Not a fan now and he's unlikely to do much other than cash his paychecks but nothing wrong with that. His not dumb as he's a spokesperson for the new online/pay channel and know's not to bite Dorna's hand. But I disagree with both.

Rabcati

November 22, 2013 6:18 PM

"and if they bring in a rule where each manufacturer provides the same bike to all its riders"

Interesting, he said that almost like he had it on word from Carmelo. Maybe in 2015? Would really level the playing field.

1 2 3 4 5 6  »