MotoGP » EXCLUSIVE Danny Kent - Q&A

"Honestly I would have told myself to have another year in Moto3 and you never know I could have had the title now" - Danny Kent.

Whapper

November 25, 2013 1:31 PM

I think he was just being polite about the bike. As soon as KTM gave him equal treatment and let him off the leash in 2012 he was winning races, this guy's not slow. Unfortunately the Tech3 Mistral is to Moto2 what the Ducati is to MotoGP, very bad for the career.

kma55

November 25, 2013 3:45 PM

It wasn't too bad for Smith's career. If Kent had stayed loyal to Tech 3 then just maybe he would have been promoted to the big bike in the future. I don't knock his decision though as I think he has a good chance in 2014.
Rins was the standout rider for me this season but he along with Marquez will apparently be on a Honda next year so maybe wont be quite as competitive. Honda are supposed to be stepping up their game in Moto3 though, so who knows.

I think Kent should ditch the '52' now, nice tribute to Toseland for a while but he should be aiming for people wanting to use his number, not using someone else's.

rdc

November 26, 2013 2:34 AM

If he wasn't happy at Tech3, then the promotion to the GP team would be unlikely.

Still find Estrella Galicia strange, Suter Honda to KTM and back to Honda. Any indication of which chasis they will be using?

Kwack636R

November 26, 2013 2:17 PM

Sounds like a lad with his head well and truly screwed on to me, and given multiple oppertunities to lay the blame on the bike, he didn't.

As a Brit I'll be cheering for him next year as I was this year and I hope he's back at the front from the off.

James Harrison

November 26, 2013 3:45 PM

If you guys follow Moto3 properly and listen to commentary...then you will know Honda are investing a lot of money in a much more powerful and brand new Honda engine/chassis package. So it will probably be just as quick as the KTM given Honda's budget.