MotoGP » February date for Schwantz, COTA court case

arthurs

December 17, 2013 2:41 PM

The race will go on whatever the outcome of the court case. There is too much money wrapped up in the event for it not to. So that being said, I hope Kevin sticks it to them as far as his arm will reach and I hope to see him riding demo laps at COTA next spring.

Monstermash

December 19, 2013 3:07 AM

Either way KS is out in the COLD, just if he wins he'll be able to buy something to keep him warm but never be around the GP's anymore. One hit wonder is looking for the big payoff...better hopes he wins as not enough cash to survive the lawyers fees...

RSMick

December 19, 2013 10:54 AM

Not the sharpest knife in the draw, like footballers, riders do not always make the best businessmen. There is a reason Suzuki didn't want him to be the boss of their GP team, he's right up there with Foggy in managerial capabilities in my opinion.

The most he is likely to get is an introuctory fee from COTA, enough to pay the lawyers? I doubt it. Best not to shout your mouth off everywhere when you have an impending lawsuit.

shamarone

December 21, 2013 7:12 AM

re: "There is a reason Suzuki didn't want him to be the boss of their GP team"

you're right, there IS a reason. they (Hamamatsu) didn't want the pressure of anybody holding them accountable. same reason why in more than a decade, despite constant rumors (Yoshimura, Martinez, my Aunt Jenny), no satellite Suzuki teams have ever materialized. repeat, EVER. weird innit...? Team Aspar...? pfft, that'll be a cold day in hell.

re: "Best not to shout your mouth off everywhere when you have an impending lawsuit."

I'm really glad you pointed that out. you know why...? 'cause it saves me the trouble of pointing it out to them.

turns out COTA are the one's who should've heeded that advice. shooting THEIR mouths off is precisely what's gotten them (and your boy Ezpelata) hit with subpoenas.

textombomb

January 05, 2014 5:13 AM

I'm from Austin, was @ this year's Austin GP & have my tix for '14 as well. I couldn't be happier that MotoGP has come to my town. BUT, Kevin was sucker punched by COTA. He and Tavo did all the hard work. They made this thing happen. They had the MotoGP & F1 connections to get the $$$ flowing to build this track. Then were both kicked out the door. Kevin is entitled to millions....and an apology from BOTH COTA & DORNA. Go get it Kevin!