MotoGP » EXCLUSIVE Moto2: Josh Herrin - Q&A

"To be able to say I'm the only American in the series is really cool. I know I have a lot of people supporting me so I think it's more of a cool thing than something to feel pressured by" - Josh Herrin

shamarone

December 17, 2013 8:49 PM

re: "No and it was a lot different than I thought it was going to be. I was expecting it to be kind of similar to an R6 but it definitely wasn't! To me it was just like a 250 with a 600 motor in it with bigger, better tyres."

inquiring minds would like to know if he thinks his tyre experience in Dunlop controlled AMA aided in his signing...? and with his initial experience, has he found any similarities between the UK/Franco formula and the Buffalo formula.

ps: and speaking of "bigger", does he think he'd be faster if they sod the superbike size rear rubber...? and fit a normal size hoop for kit making less than 140hp.

shamarone

December 17, 2013 10:14 PM

re: "Do you feel there was a turning point when the momentum was finally with you?

Josh Herrin: I'd say it was at Miller Motorsports Park. That was the first race that I won which I earned."

I'd say it was '06 ROAD AMERICA...! the FORCE was always with him. ie. the banzai passes from the stripe all the way to T1. he gave the seasoned vets no quarter. LOL

yup i was paying attention. it was then i said... "And you young Skywalker, we shall watch your career with great interest." (Palpatine voice)

oh, the guy checking you for Midi-Chlorians the following year, Laguna '07...? yeah that was me. Shama-Gon-Jinn. fast forward 8 years and here you are in Grandprix. look, Puig's not God's gift to talent spotting. :)

andrew2k

December 17, 2013 11:08 PM

Ever since Eslick failed to defend his AMA title the championship have all but dropped off my radar so I can't say I've been following Herrin career much.

Anyhow its nice to see Herrin on the international scene and it couldn't have come at a better time given the retirement of Spies and the reduced roles of both Hayden and Edwards. Now I understand there have been some criticism of Herrin, but I'm willing to swallow the pill and rally behind him.

Anyway great interview though.

shamarone

December 18, 2013 4:35 PM

LOL, I love the way the clueless disagree with my posts. that's right, keep up the good work guys, it makes it ALLL that much better when the things I say come to fruition later in the season.

FISTPUMP...!!!

shamarone

December 18, 2013 4:52 PM

re: "Nice to see, but he would have done himself a lot more favors bidding for a WSS spot."

you may be right, but kid's gotta woody for grandprix. whaddaya gon' do...? when he turned pro, iirc he ran #46 at a few rounds (something not mentioned in the interview). so when he says he watched all the races...? he's prolly telling the truth. he is (or at least was) a Rossi fan. there's even an official Yamaha/Graves photo of him somewheres with this number. see, when Shama Gon Jinn says he pays attention...? he ain't kiddin'. :)

Q: "Why oh why dont people throw some money at a quality R6 in WSS"

A: in practice, "people" usually translates to "knocking on door of Big Blue with hat in hand". they don't answer. Yam's USP (unique selling proposition) rests with the crossplane. that means GP or bust.