MotoGP » MotoGP Star of the Year vote: 6th

You vote Valentino Rossi 6th in Crash.net's MotoGP Star of the Year poll

LaughingGas

December 24, 2013 10:23 AM

He tried his hardest and that's all ANYONE should ask. Just like your boss and you at work.
Within 6 races of next season he says he'll make a decision about carrying on.

And being one of the richest sports men on the plant he doesn't need to entertain you are me. He's got nothing left to prove. Good luck to him.

BurroMiapanino

December 24, 2013 11:28 AM

You know, just like he gave up on the Ducati from the very first races (which he admitted), I don't think he came even close to giving it his all in 2013. Another area in which Stoner was a better racer, despite announcing his retirement by only the 3rd race of the season, no one can say he ever gave up.
If Valentino isn't nearly crashing trying to keep up next year, then he has no place in being out there, cause that is what it takes now that there is no clear bike advantage up front, Lorenzo showed what it takes.
Lucky to be as high as sixth.

Strider

December 24, 2013 12:58 PM

A remarkably fair ranking considering his considerable fan following. Was great to see Rossi back on the top step of the podium at Assen this year. However the dominant spark he once had is fading and it doesn't take a genius to see that he only has one or two more competitive years left in him. I hope I am wrong & he finds another gear over the winter break!

R6Ryder

December 24, 2013 2:17 PM

I'm a fan of VR for many reasons. Mainly because he races to win . He never accepted defeat. Obviously nowadays he doesn't have the pace to fight for wins but the desire to beat the rider in front or behind is still there. He won every single last lap duel all season. Albeit for lower positions . He still gave his all to the end and for that fact I still have tremendous respect . He's 34 with nothing to prove. He's riding because he loves it and his fans love it to . I think that says a lot about his will to ride . He knows his rep is taking a hit from all the "fair weather" fans. His 46% win 75% podium was lost as soon as he swung a leg over the duc but he doesn't care. I think he still provides excitement and I think he still deserves a ride. With rhar said I thinkin he should have been 3rd. It looks to me like he still has more "fight" than Dani P. dani P is 28. Rossi was champ still at 28. Dani is in his prime and I still see him "give up" too often. Rossi doesn't give up. He just

Vilas46

December 24, 2013 4:06 PM

This was not the place for Rossi.. Anyway what i can say there is a lot of people that dont judge well the real value and the target that was reached... Yes because Rossi is a top legend everybody expect only the victory or 2 place to him but until now i can only say Rossi is one rider with balls, not many people change from bike to bike like he did and he was changing every time for Teams that where less strong and we have the exemple of Ducati that was ruined when he enter on that Team and like we wach on this days is completly out of is target for one factory Team... Rossi did the 4 place this year, yes was not the best Result but he is figthing with younger champions riders, riders that all there life have the best condicions and support on there carears in order to beat Rossi and become Motogp Champions, anyway Rossi still have good moments in every bike he rode unlike some riders and the 4 place this year after coming from the Ducati for me is better then one overal 6 place... I

Vilas46

December 24, 2013 4:06 PM

I dont bealive this dudes go give better points to Alex espargaro that was riding the best CRT machine and with more support and better parts then is Team m8 or Give a better place to Cal or Whatever... in the end the numbers are there and the real position from Rossi is what he won and is the 4 place..

1 2  »