MotoGP » MotoGP entry list updated, Camier at Ioda

Leon Camier moves from WSBK to MotoGP.

Tomco

January 14, 2014 3:57 PM

Well I suppose its a ride for Leon but for someone who was going really well towards the end of the season in WSBK, I cant understand why he didnt get a competitive ride in superbikes for the coming season. For me hes more deserving than a number of the others who are still there on good machinery.

herewego

January 14, 2014 4:15 PM

Leon Camier is a bloody good rider ! I was amazed he was left without a ride as he is someone I was sure would easily be snapped up! It doesn't seem to matter who you are or how good you can ride these days, there are other forces at work. So glad he has somewhere to go though.

RyanJG

January 14, 2014 11:40 PM

Beggars can't be choosers, he had to go where the ride was. Having said that I don't think this is a terrible turn of events - had he been bashing fairings with Espargaro last year on equal machinery I could potentially see Leon on the NGM ride now instead.

If he gets some improvement on last year's Aprillia package and has a good showing I think he could find himself in demand next season.

Dean Dean

January 14, 2014 11:53 PM

Fullofit: British riders now make up more than 20% of the grid ... isn't it about time some British sponsors start stepping up too?

I can't see that happening any day soon, especially as Dorna and BT have ensured that far far less than 20% of the UK will even be able to watch motogp in 2014 !!

EdOz

January 15, 2014 2:27 AM

So many ppl whinged about the number of Spanish riders in MotoGP over the last few years... wonder what those same ppl think of 5 Brits in the main class now.

1 2 3 4  »