MotoGP » Moody not part of BT Sport MotoGP coverage

herewego

January 17, 2014 8:02 AM

I have to say that there were times when these two got on my nerves, but as a duo they were probably the best when it comes to MotoGP coverage. It was always the other one, Julian Ryder that got me going as his comments can be very biased and often totally wrong. Anyway, who they will get to replace Toby will be interesting, and hopefully it will be an ex rider as they are always the ones with the most knowledge. As long as it is somebody who knows what they are talking about and not a complete novice to motorbike racing!!

Insidejob

January 17, 2014 8:13 AM

These guys are brilliant together and made dull races exciting because of their passion for and knowledge of motogp, including the long history. Their banter was great as well. I just watched the 2013 motogp review and must say the commentary was boring. I don't know who the commentators were.

foz 101

January 17, 2014 9:38 AM

I wouldn't mind if they use the motogp.com commentary team. I don't have a problem with Gavin Emmett at all, Nick Harris I can take or leave.

It's a shame Toby won't be involved, but he and Julian aren't the ONLY people I will listen to, and I'm not going to veto BT Sport just to spite myself. I quite like Steve Parrish and Steve Day too tbh.

Aegis96

January 17, 2014 10:19 AM

Thats made my day, goes on too much about F1 and Hayden, so smug with it and what size monitor where those two looking at as I otfen found myslef shouting at the TV due to them missing whats going on in the background.

Codger

January 17, 2014 12:38 PM

I thought that BT had already announced their commentary team, and as regards Moody&The Fat Man, I always turned the sound off anyway, couldn't bear to listen to them. Ryder should stick to writing books, he's good at that. His profound knowledge of MotoGP while on air comes from his huge stack of notes on his desk. Toby waffles to give him time to look through them.

herewego

January 17, 2014 2:10 PM

I used to love it when Randy Mamola was part of the commentary team and he always had to jump in and put Julian Ryder right when he came out with a right load of tripe !! Neil Spalding does a fairly good job though, but it is surprising how much JR gets wrong - he should really know better the length of time he has been involved with MotoGP.
There are a few riders JR doesn't like and he makes it very obvious which he shouldn't do, he should remain impartial, but he isn't very professional that way.

herewego

January 17, 2014 2:26 PM

By the way, I have just enquired about getting BT sport added to my Sky Sport package and as well as paying extra every month, there is a £25 installation fee before you start !!!!! Daylight robbery, but as MotoGP is one of my passions, what do you do if your life depends on it ( so to speak ) !!! I couldn't bear not to be able to watch all the races, I'm having withdrawal symptoms as it is !

1 2 3 4  »