MotoGP » Rossi outlines 2014 targets at Yamaha launch

“This season is very important for me and the fact that we officially start the season here in Jakarta makes it even more special” - Valentino Rossi.

Vilas46

January 17, 2014 3:41 PM

Not the most special Skin for one year so importante like this but is not ugly!! I really hope that Yamaha had Fix the Brake problems and other details that prevente Rossi last year from use is best abilitys.. It can be is last year=( when i think on that i go really sad.. make me feel older and Motogp will not feel so special.. Many years waching this incredible rider, that like no other manage one briliante carear and keep himself competitive most of the times.. The mix of Fun, pleasure and dedication are 100% Rossi nature and he show that in every year he fight and Won.. Waching all Rossi carear the only Down point that should hurt every time he thinks on that should be 2006, how Yamaha manage to have so much realability problems and so much problems with Chassi on the 2006 bike=/, when even Rossi himself say that one of is best bikes or even the better he ever ride was the 2005 m1... If Rossi had won the 2006 year that only loss by 5 points he would be with the same numbers of Cha

Vilas46

January 17, 2014 3:42 PM

the same numbers of Champions that Agostini have and that is somethingh Super Super special is the recorde of all time, the one that only one non Human person should achieve with the corrente rules and bikes in Motogp.. On this days waching Rossi having that eight Motgp Title loocks more like a dream but i still bealive that if he had the feelings he whant from the M1 he will give this young Champions somethingh to remember about the 46...

kma55

January 17, 2014 3:55 PM

I would really like to see Yamaha put in some real effort to Rossi's title challenge this year. I believe he is still capable of winning a title. It seems slightly strange to me that the weekend Lorenzo was ****ed up from his injury, Rossi was suddenly looking really strong at Assen. Almost as if Yamaha knew Lorenzo wasn't capable of winning the race so put their efforts behind Rossi. I know that sounds like some conspiracy theory b.s. but he really did look back to his old self, then it all fell apart again as soon as Lorenzo was in better shape.

I'm not sure anyone will match his achievements and if they do I really don't think it can be compared. Rossi had to battle with factory bikes as well as the satellite boys (when they were still allowed to win), the current factory guys have only a couple of real competitors.

He has seen off just about every top rider at some point.

Legend.

Gazspurs46

January 17, 2014 4:02 PM

IF it is to be Vale's last year they should have gone retro & back to something similar to his 2004 Yamaha.

Like the new design, but nothing that different from what we've seen in the past.

GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LLarry

January 17, 2014 4:03 PM

Really boys, you should park the excuses on brakes or conspiracy theories.
Rossi isn't winning because he lost the edge in 2010 after he broke his leg. The two years at Ducati merely disguised the fact - the bike was blamed for his lack of performance.
The truth is that 2014 will be a carbon copy of 2013 - the championship will be between Marquez & Lorenzo with Pedrosa sometimes in the mix.
Rossi will be fighting it out for fourth with Bautista and Bradl.
The only real difference will be that Crutchlow will be further down the field now he is not on the Tech3.

Strider

January 17, 2014 4:23 PM

I don't think it's correct to attribute Rossi's lack of form since 2010 to his broken leg sustained at Mugello. After he came back from injury and reacclimatised to the bike he was on form, even winning in Malaysia.

So no, I doubt it's his broken leg. More likely it is his age and Rossi himself has been extremely humble in regards to his 'maturity' since returning to Yamaha. He may be one of the greatest but it's unrealistic to expect him to go on and on, he knows that.

herewego

January 17, 2014 4:31 PM

The problem Valentino has now is getting to grips with technology and all the programming bikes are built around these days. Valentino could use his magic when bikes were just bikes and riders could control them fully, but now, a computer chip does it for them and Valentino's skill and ability are pretty much useless. Valentino Rossi has done unbelievable things on a bike and has nothing really to prove as he has been there, done it and is still selling the t-shirts !!! Racing a MotoGP bike now is nothing like it used to be, and riders now are nothing like the great Valentino Rossi and they never will be, they are a different breed altogether which seems a bit sad in a way, but that's what they call progress !

Joeski

January 17, 2014 4:37 PM

@ LLarry,

You probably also said the same thing in 2006 and 2007 that Rossi was a fading star who has lost his edge blah blah blah... (I have been on crash since and before that so I remember the posts) I wonder how many mouths were shut after that for 2 consecutive years. Still the only rider in 15 years to win back to back titles (multiple times) including against your beloved heroes. MM being the only exception.

Yea you are correct Rossi has not looked the same since his accident but the 2 years at Ducati are not a true reflection...if anything those 2 years may have jarred his confidence but certainly did not remove his ability. When Vale says he is done and does not have another championship in him then I will let it go as well!! because I am not a band wagonist who just go for the hot product ...for now!!

tleaf100

January 17, 2014 4:47 PM

herewego: Valentino Rossi is, and always will be a total legend, and for me, the best racer there has ever been !!

thank you.
vale's problem explained simply.

Joeski

January 17, 2014 4:47 PM

I also remember the posts about MM being rash reckless will crash and burn in GP etc etc etc. I said he would do great things and will be a champion (although I did not believe this would happen in rookie year).. All of a sudden everyone knew he would do it!!! but I read the post and his fans (many) are just wagonists because he is hot right now!!

If he struggles this year against Lorenzo or Dani everyone will say his title was luck because Dani and JL broke collar bones etc etc!! I have watched and read these forums for years and I am no longer surprised by the lack of insights and the swiftness of people to see someone fail. They did it to Casey, Dani (when he ended 2012 strongly), JL(when Rossi was out for injury) and now Rossi...again and again.

I do not live in a dream world but I would love for Rossi to shut these people up one more time!!! and if he retires with these same results as last year, I am ok with that too...a distinguished career thay may not be matched in this ne

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11  »