MotoGP » Abraham: I need to enjoy racing again

“The most important thing right now is to feel that I enjoy racing again” - Karel Abraham.

Clive Randall

January 26, 2014 10:12 PM

RSMick

January 27, 2014 8:23 AM

Clive Randall: "The bike is a toned down version of the title winning RC213V, featuring steel rather than pneumatic valves" What!!!!! hell I wish sometimes the idiots who write or copy this stuff had even the slightest idea of what they are talking about!!!!!!

Haha, they must give a puff of air into the top of the cylinder as the piston comes up!

TalentFan

January 27, 2014 11:28 AM

KA has had a tough time injured, and shows just how bad a shoulder injury can be.

I still cannot believe that the media were able to sell that Marquez dislocated his shoulder and then went on to race within couple of hours of doing so with no visible after-effects. Shoulder dislocations with the reciprocal trauma to surrounding soft tissues, tendons, ligaments, muscles etc. means that just racing straight after with no ill-effects just isn't on.

Rotator cuff / Shoulder injuries have ended careers of the likes of Plater, Hodgson, Fogarty and (I think?) Doohan that come to mind without research. Spies too? Others like Melandri had long-term problems with repeat dislocations and weakness in the shoulder area.

I wish KA luck and hope that his shoulder woes have been sorted.

JackSMU

January 27, 2014 1:11 PM

@TalentFan

When the information provided by Honda, Marquez and the Medical team says that he had dislocated his shoulder, what do the media do?

They report that he dislocated it. If he hadn't dislocated it, then it's a mistake by someone at the original source or false information being provided.

ProfessorX

January 28, 2014 8:28 PM

Will be interesting to see where he stacks up with Redding and Hayden. Hope hes fit and sharp the whole season long, I would have thought he would have committed to being a lawyer or something else by now, but I guess he's still hungry and wants to leave with something to show for it all.

BJR

February 04, 2014 1:26 AM

TalentFan: Rotator cuff / Shoulder injuries have ended careers of the likes of Plater, Hodgson, Fogarty and (I think?) Doohan that come to mind without research.

I think Doohan's injuries both before and at the end of his 5 consecutive WC's went a bit further than a busted sholder.

I'm not sure he had to enjoy it either, Doohan either had to make it or die trying because the alternative was digging holes for swimming pools which he reckon'd was too much hard work for not enough money...