MotoGP » Rossi: We've been very fast and I'm happy

'It's a bit different [working with Silvano Galbusera] but I needed this change. It was a big pity for me [parting from Jerry Burgess] but I am happy' - Valentino Rossi

Filter Comments: All | Registered

Vilas46

February 04, 2014 3:22 PM

For the 1 day is very positive..!! He was fast, he didnt make is fastest lap because last year qualify he was faster but if he did this time on race tyres is a great improvement on the Yamaha for the 1 day compared to last year race times.. Lets see how it go the rest of the days!! Go Rossi...

SBPilot

February 04, 2014 3:25 PM

The 2'00 mark is very very fast, if you look at the lap record and qualifying records, that's where they stand. So for Rossi to be that quick in first test is very positive indeed. VR, let this be your triumphant year.

nikisan

February 04, 2014 3:31 PM

He will be fast at the start of the year just like last, but eventually Honda will simply overpower Yamaha in development through the year. Unless this bike is built for braking like his old M1, I doubt he will mount much of a challenge. I say this as a fan and I hope I'm wrong.

Valentinokee46

February 04, 2014 3:45 PM

Nice to hear.....Bravooo bro!!!
Let it be the first day or anything...You shown us the glimpse that you are gonna fight for the championship this year...And it also signals a threat for the front runners..
Come on rossi continue with the same spirit...
Vale Go Go Go!!!!

RossL

February 04, 2014 4:25 PM

I'm a Rossi fan, but I don't think we should read too much into 1st day test times!

There were times last season where Rossi was really fast in practice, but still finished the race 4th (One where he only missed out on pole by being held-up by Dovisioso, maybe Sepang?)

Obviously speed in practise-sessions is important, but race-pace is where it's at. And we won't see what he's got until the season starts.

Like Vale, I'll wait 6 races to judge his performance.

lek25

February 04, 2014 4:41 PM

i agree crashnetdummies so not VR judging from the picture, for me he is the real surprise of the test but last year he was also fast in the test and the first race, after that his level didn't go up as much as his main competitors so let see what happens tomorrow,
great start for him for sure forza vale!