MotoGP » Crutchlow, Smith, Laverty get set for TT parade

“Going through the villages is scary, but at least over the Mountain you can see your way through the turn so you can have a bit of a go up there” - Michael Laverty.

cossiegaz

June 06, 2014 11:58 PM

1050cc:
cossiegaz: Nice to see that these 3 can appreciate the TT for what it is without forcing their opinions onto people.

Tell me what the difference is between "forcing" an opinion and "giving" an opinion?

I can't give a precise description of the difference so maybe I should have used the word "giving" instead of "forcing", can you tell me what the difference is so we can decide if I used the right word?

I would say the following tweets are forcing an opinion because he is stating them as if they are fact:-
This TT racing is getting out of control it's not fair on family's .. I don't think I even want to go R.I.P Karl bomber Harris

The bikes are far to advanced for road racing nowadays ... Would you drive your car at 132mph though a village??

It's like death race , all the riders that finish are relieved too finish in one piece and see there loved ones Iost to many friends

BrazilDUluwita

June 07, 2014 3:09 PM

safety.

What is frightening me is I just notice in here , people don't even want to hear/read even a safety idea about TT even after the recant death of a TT rider.

That is so scary where they all bash people even for talking of safety on this post. I never, ever have seen/read/heard people get angry for suggesting and saying or pin pointing something about safety in any-given sport.

Very sad, all you riders have a very safe race ... Cal, and all other riders. Wishing all a safe race. Talking of safety about TT makes most of them here angry.???. Why?????

Conrice

June 07, 2014 2:47 AM

cossiegaz:

That's the part thats most troubling. It's painfully ironic that SCOTT REDDING is talking about a death race. And like I said in my first post, I'm sure some of it IS just emotion from a young man.

But he should know better.

johnny13

June 06, 2014 6:37 PM

JedPB67: I'm serous, genuinely imagine never seeing someone ever again that you care about.
Think how you'd feel if that person died, for example like I said above, rock climbing and knowing that 3 or 4 days after they'd died you'd be climbing the very same rockface? Would you still want to do it?

What in the same way that Scott wears a Simoncelli hoodie a lot? Or the fact that VR raced 2 weeks after being involved in his very good friends death?

Im not hating on Scotty, as on other threads he just mis-timed his comments, but ridiculous statements like yours do not help his cause one iota. They are motorcycle racers, its a death defying sport, its what they do and #45 has had and been involved in his own share of this.

The one thing you dont do, is make those personal feelings public at a time when 10's of thousands of proper bikers who love an event are also hurting.

JedPB67

June 06, 2014 12:48 PM

cossiegaz: You mean like the situation in 2008 when Michael Dunlop entered and won the race in which his father had died only days earlier in a practice session?

Everyone is different, you're quite clearly just hating on Redding for saying something that doesn't agree with your thoughts and beleifs about you're beloved TT race.

JedPB67

June 06, 2014 7:42 AM

cossiegaz

June 06, 2014 9:25 AM

JedPB67:

I wouldn't say Scott Redding was forcing his opinion on people, I didn't see him leading a petition to get it closed down. All he did was express his own feelings and personal view towards the IoM through social media, there's no need for the continued character assassination.

People need to more open minded and look at the situation from Redding's point of view. If you lost your father, brother, son/daughter or your friend while they were doing anything, not just the TT, but sky diving or rock climbing then you'd have a negative view towards whatever it was too.

JedPB67