MotoGP » Mixed feelings for Rossi at mid-point of 2014

“I'm quite happy about the first half of the season. I already got five podiums and four second places. I'm sad that I was not able to win, but I am quite fast and competitive” – Valentino Rossi.

Liam48

July 13, 2014 6:14 PM

This was his worst race of the year in my opinion, lets hope he can improve further on the first half of the year.

checking

July 13, 2014 6:16 PM

caferacer: Someday vale,someday you'll be at front again...i can feel it!!

yes in 2016 , when motogp will start from zero !

from this point he has no change , the honda,s are always one step ahead :(

checking

July 13, 2014 6:18 PM

Liam48: I hope this isn't the start of him dropping off the back of the Spanish trio like he did last year.

this is not motogp anymore, this is more like honda/yamaha gp

TrueFan

July 13, 2014 6:32 PM

The pit lane start aside, he rode well early to pick his way through the field, but couldn't stay within striking distance of Marquez and Pedrosa. He managed to hold off Lorenzo for a while, but JLo's body language just looked like he was going to get past. Once he did, VR didn't seem to have enough in the tank to fight Lorenzo, so he settled for points.

I was surprised that there wasn't carnage coming out of pit lane, and conditions were difficult for much of the race. Rossi didn't ever look like he was riding as hard as Marquez or Pedrosa, or JLo once he settled into his rhythm. He rode most of the race on his own...no hope of catching the leaders, and no-one close enough to challenge him.

Stellar

July 13, 2014 6:33 PM

Keep it together Valentino. Majority of us had our doubts after last season but you've stepped up. You're still very very fast, hope you can find another tenth or two to go wheel to wheel with Hondas.

Guna4699

July 13, 2014 6:43 PM

Arguably the first below par race from Rossi this season... nothing lost and no worries.,, JL was a man on mission wanting to prove something to himself., his boss and fans... at the end its just 3 points difference which is not worth risking,, he will come strong in later half,,

rameez.solkar.7

July 13, 2014 7:02 PM

Did not got to see rossi at ol after jlo overtook him . I guess sachenring proves to be a difficult track now for rossi Even last year he was slow but managed a podium in absence of ped and jlo.
But keep working hard Vale !! Keep going !

1 2 3 4 5  »