MotoGP » Bautista: ‘Nothing is clear’ for 2015

“At the moment nothing is clear... I want to stay in MotoGP” - Alvaro Bautista.

SuperSic

July 15, 2014 9:04 AM

His teammate was a spatter of seconds behind him on an open class Honda.

I think it's clear who should be on that bike.

As for Alvaro, I was glad you got that bike when we lost Sic, but you haven't done it justice, it is time for you to try another manufacturer. Go visit Suzuki again, you could do well there.

Zambooni

July 15, 2014 9:19 AM

Call me sarcastic or not but I would really like to see Bautista on a Moto2 bike next seasons and see that how he compares with the highly competitibe, good race pace and talented top pack in moto2.. :D
Bautista has been very granted and lucky for being able to ride a very good Motogp bike for years but the results have not been that admiring. On the second somehow he was able to play well/position himself well when he went into the class and all importantly avoided career killer Ducati seats on the first years.
The same goes with Bautista, as Smith, that he is a bit one lap wonder guy with a lack of constant race pace in majority of the races.
Many years a go it might have been enough but now there is a que of significantly faster race pace guys that deserve the seat more than the "always happy and smiling spanish rabbit" :)

Sack the guy and bring in Kallio, Aespargaro. Rabat or Scott into his bike next year and we will get even better races!

TrueFan

July 15, 2014 10:43 AM

Bautista is a good rider, but he has not really delivered on the Gresini bike, for whatever reason. I expect he'll stay in MotoGP, but he may not retain as good a ride as he currently has. His results have been below the bike's potential. If you can't get consistent results, you at least have to deliver two or three flash-in-the-pan results... Suzuki may be interested in having himn help with their bike development.

mrfill

July 15, 2014 10:59 AM

@Zambooni
Not sarcastic - it could be a very good plan. Bautista strikes me as a very good mid-class rider but not quite at a consistent motogp level. A move to moto2 may be the best option if Suzuki say no.

In a way he reminds me of Kallio. Mika was great on a 250, had 2 years in motogp and was not that impressive and now back in the mid class he's doing very well. There's no shame in being a top moto2 rider.

V4Poweeeer

July 15, 2014 11:37 AM

"Redding is doing well on the proddy, whether it's enough for Fausto, we'll no doubt find out soon enough..."

Scott has a 2 year contract this year is the learning year so to speak and I believe he is leading the proddy Hondas in points which HRC will reward the leading proddy rider with next years updated engine before the end of the season.

Scotts in a good spot right now imo.

"Call me sarcastic or not but I would really like to see Bautista on a Moto2 bike next seasons and see that how he compares with the highly competitibe, good race pace and talented top pack in moto2."

He may even get a pay rise in moto 2 because his motogp contract is a bit skimp in the cash department. Moto2 wouldn't be the end of the world but he may be inline for a shot at the Suzuki ride again.

TomS

July 15, 2014 11:39 AM

There is no doubt, Bautista is a good rider, but just too inconsistent, I would be amazed if he kept the Gresini ride next year, I think Suzuki would probably be a good option as he did well with them in the past. If I was him, I would consider WSBK, yeah it is a lower level but I imagine he could go there and clean up, which would do his rep no harm at all.

If Redding doesn't get the Factory bike next year, that will be an injustice as well, he has regularly challenged, and beaten his more experienced rivals, we know for a fact he can race and beat Pol, even Marc on his day, so in order to see if he can cut it, they need to give him the full fat bike. I think he's earned it now.

1 2 3 4  »