MotoGP » Petrucci: Aprilia my priority for MotoGP 2015

“I haven't had a real opportunity with a real bike in MotoGP... I'd like to see how I can do” - Danilo Petrucci.

Bandini

July 16, 2014 11:47 AM

Certainly seems this 2015 Aprillia Factory return rumour is gathering a bit of credence. I really hope it's true the more factory seats available the better. Suzuki vs Aprillia could be a good rivalry to help bring on their respective levels. As for Petrucci I'm not sure he'd be my pick for the ride but then again it's hard to gauge his potential given what he's been given to work with. Petrucci's problem is there seems to be some decent riders who will be looking for rides next year Including Bautisa, Bradl, Smith and AEsp who seems set on factory machinery. Petrucci's biggest selling point over these guys is he has some experience of the current ART and he will likely come cheap but will he come with any endorsements? As always Sponsors will have as much to say about potential pilots as any team manager, they are after all, the ones stumping up the cash

jordang00

July 16, 2014 6:47 PM

One of the nicest guys on the paddock, apparently. He has performed admirably on a rubbish bike in an underfunded team time and time again. If anyone deserves the Aprilia ride, it's him. Unfortunately, as stated before, there are going to be so many people in the market, including the guys from moto2... Money talks, but I really hope this guy at least gets a better ride and can show us what he's made of, there's nothing worse than the thought of a potential world champion or front runner being stifled due to a lack of funding.

More factory bikes is a must over the next 5 years, there are just so many up and coming talents and not enough seats for everyone... Miller, the Alexes, Vinales, Rabat, Fenati, Quartararo, etc. and then you have Rea and Laverty from the WSBK. So much talent!

EdOz

July 17, 2014 5:36 AM

I still think Bradl can do well but Bautista... Gee-zoos. Enough is enough... the guy has had more chances than Lindsay Lohan, give his seat to Redding and let Petrucci ride for Aprilia if he wants to, preferably with someone like Carl alongside him (although I do think Crutchlow deseves better). Then hopefully Suzuki will pick AEspargaro and a new face from Moto2.

I'll save Smith's spot for Jack Miller in 2016.

V4Poweeeer

July 17, 2014 8:29 AM

"Then hopefully Suzuki will pick AEspargaro and a new face from Moto2."

Vinales is rumored to have some sort of agreement in the works with Suzuki atm.

"I'll save Smith's spot for Jack Miller in 2016."

No a Yamaha won't do for Jack an Aprilia, Ducati or Honda is what he needs. I suspect tech 3 will be a family affair before we know it Aleix can buy out his contract apparently and Aspar are also willing to do this but Aleix is probably happy on a Yam at the moment.

Jacks a dirt track/motocross kid not a silky smooth Lorenzo'esque type Jack grew up riding in the same backyard as Stoner some maybe surprised at how similar their stykes maybe when Jack gets to GP it will be uncanny imo like Stoner never left (on track that is).

1 2  »