MotoGP » EXCLUSIVE Dominique Aegerter - Q&A

“It's important not just to go there because you want to be in MotoGP, you have to get the right deal or not go”- Dominique Aegerter.

biaggi

July 16, 2014 2:23 PM

Zambooni

July 16, 2014 2:34 PM

@biaggi

Is the Rabat in moto2 in 2015 official or just rumour?

I know he has a contract with MVDS for next year but I guess that nothing that you can't buy yourself out if a MotoGP seat opens..

Braahp

July 16, 2014 2:52 PM

@biaggi - I just think there are different ways of doing things, Dominique has improved consistently year on year and this win wasn't a fluke it was in the dry and won fairly against a field that included Maverick Vinales and Eteve Rabat riding without injury or problems. Given his progress I'm expecting more wins from Dominique and then some kind of entry into MotoGP. He's still on an upward trajectory and we just need to find out how far he'll go.

Shrimpling

July 16, 2014 2:55 PM

Zambooni: @biaggi

Is the Rabat in moto2 in 2015 official or just rumour?

I think its just a strong rumour at the moment. A Spanish Journalist tweeted it last night. Apparently Alex Marquez will be his team mate next year too!

biaggi

July 16, 2014 3:21 PM

Zambooni: @biaggi

Is the Rabat in moto2 in 2015 official or just rumour?

According to rumors he had offers from Aspar and Pramac but he rejected cuz he dont want to ride an open bike. the only one who will step up next year is vinales which has signed for suzuki. I read that miller will replace him in pons team next year.

TrueFan

July 16, 2014 4:10 PM

biaggi: I don't think he will be in motogp next year. he won his first race in his 5th year in the class, which is to late. top riders win straight away when they change class. i read that Rabat will stay in moto2 next year.

He may not be in MotoGP next year, but give the guy his moment in the sun... He won a very hard fought race against a determined and pretty experienced Finn...and besides, he's the self-proclaimed best partying racer from the small landlocked nation!

V4Poweeeer

July 17, 2014 6:45 AM

"It's a bit more difficult to be a motorcycle racer when you grow up in Switzerland. They banned racing there decades ago..."

I guess that's why Stoner bought himself a Swiss cabin their when he was racing he meant it when he said he doesn't lile the racing scene.

johnny13

July 17, 2014 12:11 PM

Shrimpling:
Zambooni: @biaggi

Is the Rabat in moto2 in 2015 official or just rumour?

Its official, Tito will be the first Moto2 champion to defend his title, if he wins it of course.