MotoGP » Moto3: Miller marks himself ‘five out of ten’

"We cannot make the same mistakes. I'm here to try to win the Moto3 World Championship" - Jack Miller.

TheHorseWithNoName

August 05, 2014 11:57 AM

Nikeros: I'm glad Miller is in Moto3. Until he arrived on the scene there was no one in the class that I disliked. A viewer needs a rider to scream at and scorn. Thanks for filling the bill so completely, Jacky.

Why, exactly? Let me guess... because he is not spanish or italian? And who are you, a nobody, to pour scorn on a rider leading a world championship?

TheHorseWithNoName

August 05, 2014 11:42 AM

Ausrossi: V4 et al, actually I am Australian and could not stand Stoner, spoilt brat as far as I was concerned and have always felt that while an amazing rider some of his prowess stems from being in the right place at the right time. As for Miller sorry different kettle of fish, no whingeing just yeah I stuffed few races and so I mark myself down. Plus while not a media darling certainly knows that simply refusing to deal with the media is going to win you no friends.

How was Stoner a spoilt brat? Everything he was given was because he had talent. Fine, you don't like him because he beat Rossi head to head despite spending the majority of time on that crap Ducati, but to say that he is spoilt is more an indication about your fanboi character than of Stoner being given things he did not deserve.

TheHorseWithNoName

August 05, 2014 11:35 AM

Tomco: 4 out of 10. Hes hardly Stoner or Doohan yet, is he ?

The rating is referring to this particular season, not his career as a whole. Neither Stoner or Doohan won the 125's, so how is that relevant? Surely your reading comprehension skills aren't that bad?

Pakundo

July 24, 2014 8:21 AM

I think Jack is doing very well this season. Last year on the Honda,it was an inferior bike so there wasn't too much pressure on him and he could just about hang on to the KTM's. I think he deserved a better bike and this year he has that better bike. This year he has got a lot of pressure,probably for the first time in his career and he is expected to get great results and i think he is handling the pressure really well. He is a great character and definately a future gp star if he carries on doing what he's doing.
Im not a huge fan of his,but he is definately a great prospect and im looking forward to seeing him progress over the next few years.

therealDave

July 24, 2014 6:51 AM

Plus one there Ausrossi. I too am from Australia and like Jack very much. both for his ability and personality. When he muffs up he says so.

The fisherman on the other hand always had some one or some thing to blame when he didn't win and then it was all him when he did! He would criticise others for riding "dangerously" and then proceed to do the same when it suited him. He would treat the media and fans with distaine and then complain about how the media and fans would treat him.

As an Aussie, it pi55es me off that people think you have to cheer for your fellow nationals. You don't have to, deal with it! I like Jack because he ticks all the right boxes against my values and beliefs where as I disliked stoner because he didnt....

Go Jack, I'm rooting for you and hope you get to the top of the premier class!!!

PaulW54

July 24, 2014 4:49 AM

Jack Miller is the face of Moto3, I can't recall anyone else who has warranted so much press or comment from Moto3. He alone has opened the eyes of a lot of race fans to what a great class Moto3 is.
How many other Moto3 riders create comment like Jack? None. How many in the past? None. He is who he is and has an incredible future in front of him. I would love to see him go straight to MotoGP. If he had a decent ride he would be a force from day 1! Go Jack, you are doing Australia proud.

Arxhtektov

July 24, 2014 4:09 AM

1050cc:
V4Poweeeer: Lol as I predicted months ago the same crowd that hated Stoner is now hating Miller for no real reason other than a young racer with self confidence and pretend like he has to fit their view of the ideal poster boy.

Plus I think you'll find the same people who loved Casey love Jack.... Australians! Ideal poster boy?

Why not? Maybe if one of you Poms could emulate Barry Sheene some time in the next century, then maybe you'd love him too.

FastestBloke

July 25, 2014 12:37 PM

Haha! Replacing Stefan Braddl at LCR... what a joke!

This kid should take a stint in moto2 before he takes on a semi.factory Motogp bike. Honda must have seen gold on his telemetry data to even consider placing him at LCR right away! Thats the only explanation.
Marquez waited till he won the champinship, Rabat is waiting another season. I mean, i dont remenber the last time someone mada a switch from lower category to Mgp and succeeded.

Dont want to say its impossible, but at the v least is a long shot, and a lack of respect to Bradl among others...

1 2 3 4 5 6  »