MotoGP » Miller to join Crutchlow at LCR?

“Jack Miller has certainly been approached by Honda, but I am not aware of the status of any negotiations” - Lucio Cecchinello.

kma55

August 04, 2014 9:19 PM

Joking, I like them really... but can't help thinking Miller should be taking the Marc VDS option. That would give him the opportunity to be champion in both Moto3 and Moto2, not many people have been champion in both of the lower classes, it would certainly put him in an elite group of riders.

cbrbamby

August 04, 2014 9:36 PM

I'm not saying he shouldn't get this chance, I'm just curious why there is so much effort to take him off a little moto3 bike and on to a high powered prototype. We've seen plenty of good racing from the Ktm over the years so,,,I dunno.

Zambooni

August 04, 2014 10:14 PM

kma55: Two mouthy c***s in one team?

I have speculated the Miller/Marc vds thing and trying to figure out why Miller and Ajo have been playing down perhaps the best team in Moto2. The most probable conclusion and gues that I have ended up with is that Miller/Ajo are really afraid that Rabat would wipe the floor with Miller and therefore decrease the huge inflated market value/career opportunities of the bloke and perhaps also cause a mental uncertainty for the teenager. :) From that angle Pons would be better because there he would have better changes to compete at least with team mate, still being kicked properly in the ass by the top guys in Moto2. :D

ProfessorX

August 04, 2014 11:05 PM

Zambooni:
kma55: Two mouthy c***s in one team?

....

...The most probable conclusion and guess that I have ended up with is that Miller/Ajo are really afraid that Rabat would wipe the floor with Miller and therefore decrease the huge inflated market value/career opportunities ... :D

you might be right, Miller seems to be the establishment's attempt at picking up Australian interest, ... anyone seen the ratings figures from down under?? ... I think Rabat would probably wipe the floor with Marquez on an "equal" bike. I also believe that at least 80% of the reasoning in GPs is based on TV ratings, sponsor interests and money vs the preachy commentators talking up egalitarianism, a sense of 'justice' and ability.

LCR have really only struck me as a look good first kind of organization, and I don't think they could afford to give Cal a good run by himself, I think LCR running two guys would be a bad move for LC.

V4Poweeeer

August 04, 2014 11:56 PM

@Zambooni

Well done you got ProfessorX onside good chance your speculation is simply that.

@ProfessorX

Ohh wow Rabat wipe the floor with Marc all I have to say to that is bwahahahahahaah your a flippin looney tune. Who's Rabat dominated of note that has dominated Marc???

The only rider to stop Marc in one of his titles so far has been Bradl. You'll say the moto2 advantage was to much for another rider to overcome though.

V4Poweeeer

August 05, 2014 12:13 AM

Ok so for a second Honda what are Chechinellos options clearly these are more important than speculating if Miller will ride for the team gotta get something for the rider to rude first.

Could buy Reddings open bike, could buy Aoyamas bike or Abrahams or buy one of Honda at full price for 4-5mil euro.

I think Miller wjll go to moto2 first and challenge for that title and/or win then LCR not take uo the contract extension option and put Miller on the satallite bike at least thats what HRC will probably want to do.

Pons looks like the most likely place for Miller to wind up at, at the moment either way Miller will be riding a grand prix bike of some shaoe and form next season.

Realist

August 05, 2014 12:22 AM

Firefly: If he goes there his carreer is doomed.

Let's see how he gets on on a Moto2 bike, he's not even Moto3 champion yet.

I have been asking myself the same question. Why such a huge push for Miller? It must be a slap in the proverbial face to the Moto2 guys who have come up the ranks and ACTUALLY accomplished something.

RFS131

August 05, 2014 1:46 AM

This is pure nonsense. This kid should face the moto2 competition where he won't have the mechanical advantages he's been awarded by his current moto3 ride. If he can mix it consistently at the front with riders on more equal machinery then I say give him a shot at the big time. Same with Fenati, Rins, Marquez, and the rest of the EQUALLY fast moto3 talent.

Does seem like more than a little unnecessary favoritism for this kid.

1 2 3 4 5 6  »