MotoGP » Smith ready to fight for Tech 3 seat

“It's down to me and me only to prove to everybody I deserve a place in the team” – Bradley Smith.

biaggi

August 06, 2014 11:55 AM

Smith will retain his seat for next year because there his no other candidate to replace him. Herve wanted to sign Vinales but i think he didn't have the money to pay a good salary to Maverick..

anon7

August 06, 2014 12:03 PM

“The next nine races starting on Sunday are crucial to my future as a MotoGP rider"

I'm Afraid he doesn't have 9 races to sort his future out, contracts are being signed NOW and not 3 or 4 months down the line. He could be left without a ride within a matter of days and what he does in the next 9 races won't really matter.

LLarry

August 06, 2014 12:59 PM

I guess Smith is pretty much resigned to losing his Tech3 seat so he is probably thinking about the last nine races being a chance to impress and get a good Moto2 seat for 2015.

Brain

August 06, 2014 2:10 PM

He will retain his seat by default it appears. It also appears we will have Brits on 3 of the top 8 bikes on the grid. Is this Dorna's reaction to the outcry of to many Spaniards.

kma55

August 06, 2014 2:33 PM

I have not been one of the people to say negative things about Smith, because I thought it was important to give him a chance. However, I now think he's had that chance. No stand out performances to speak of, the odd fast lap in practice sessions every now and again maybe, but not often enough.

Bradley has never finished a race less than 20 seconds off the leader, in one and a half seasons in MotoGP.
Pol has managed it twice - in half a season.

In short, he hasn't delivered.

livewoutlimit

August 06, 2014 3:51 PM

I feel bad for him because he works his ass off. But as mentioned by other posts, he had his chance. I don't see any seats opening up for him in motoGP. He didn't really blow anyone away in moto2 either. Perhaps he should seek WSBK instead.

1 2 3 4 5  »