MotoGP » Stefan Bradl signs for Forward Yamaha

Stefan Bradl will move to Forward Yamaha for MotoGP 2015.

LLarry

August 06, 2014 1:50 PM

Sounds like a good move.
Stefan seemed to have hit a bit of a performance brick-wall with LCR and it can't have been easy to handle the pressure / expectation of a one-rider team.
Forward Yamaha are a good team with good kit and the change of scenery may be just what he needs.

EdOz

August 06, 2014 2:14 PM

I hope it is a good move but atm I really don't think it is... time will tell but it seems that Honda lost confidence in his riding and no longer sees him as a future champion. I like the lad though.

ProfessorX

August 06, 2014 2:40 PM

LCR have never really amounted to anything in GPs except for a few one offs. I have to think Bautista's.... I mean Bradl's crash happy performances haven't helped him out and hes getting cast down, otherwise he would be taking Smith's seat or something at Tech 3. Bradl would never really like the arrangement at Honda anyways, Repsol call the shots with their factory team, and Bradl doesn't have the right passport and wasn't sponsored by Repsol as a toddler.

It's all about Confidence in this Game, and if you can't bring it, you won't last long, as you need to uphold The Prestige of this class of racing for the Magic to work.

Noriben

August 06, 2014 3:00 PM

I am a great fan of Bradl but I don't think this move is a step back for him at all. On the contrary, I really think it is a good move. I have always felt that his riding style suits Yamaha better than Honda ever since he moved up to the premier class. And recently, some experts (e.g. the guy from Bridgestone etc.) also say the same things. I really hope those claims will be proved to be true, and the young German brings some excitement in 2015 like Espargaro did this year.

Vilas46

August 06, 2014 3:07 PM

I also think that is a good move, much better then go to Moto 2 again!! I think Bradl is like Dovi he just need more experience in Motogp.. I allways got the impression that in Moto2 class we also have 2 styles of bikes that somehow are similar to Motogp the bikes, what i whant to say is that riders who ride in one Suter will fell more confortable in one Honda and riders who ride the Kalex will enjoy more Yamaha, well this is just my impression maybe has nothingh to do with realaty...!! Maybe Bradl really needs this, to be in one Team that will have a lower target for the Champ and at the same time he can get the feel of one Yamaha Chassi or Forward i dunno what will be but at least with the M1 engine maybe he can feel more confortable and be more agressive improving is pace all race... Dovi also pass for one factory Honda to a lower Team, but with Tech 3 Dovi prove that Yamaha was good for him nothingh wrong with that and Dovi did a great Year with yamy...

1 2 3 4  »