MotoGP » Crutchlow would prefer Rea as team-mate

"I don't believe Johnny Rea's had the best package in World Superbike for years and I believe he's a good rider" - Cal Crutchlow.

grantrd

August 20, 2014 8:57 AM

well the open bike will have the factory engine next year....Rea would be mad not to take that opportunity if it comes up.........
Looks like the new fireblade will only be with us for 2016, but maybe the Evo rules will help tenKate next year?

Matt2

August 20, 2014 9:22 AM

Rea is good but I think the brits give him too much credit. With the Honda in WSBK he hasnt had a real top rider next to him to compete against with the same bike. The bike not may be a championship material but on some tracks it can still win, like Rea has shown. And the biggest thing for me is hes performance with Caseys Honda. Yes he did very solid job, the bike was maeby harder to ride than Camiers Open Honda and he had more to lose than Camier, but when I compere those twos performance in my eyes Camier has been 10 times more impressive.

V4Poweeeer

August 20, 2014 10:08 AM

Honda and Rea need to make this happen now not later because there won't be a later.

I wouldn't take to much from Rea filling in for Stoner it just showed he is a solid rider who doesn't crash solid job but he wasn't 100% going for it he needed more time on the bike.

Has Camier done a better job than Rea on the proddy bike well that's subjective the RCV riders weren't exactly Reas competition when he filled in. Different bikes in a different competition is what I'd say also different tyres.

Imo Rea has the talent he's keeping that Ten Kate bike alive in WSBK maybe Honda will finally have a good replacement in Van Der Mark and Haslam to replace Rea.

Miller shouldn't be rushed into gp anyway and I think there's more substance in the Laverty Pramac negotiations.

alanw5293

August 20, 2014 11:01 AM

Fullofit

August 20, 2014 11:45 AM

I would love to know what facts you guys base this Rea worship on.

He's a guy who needs the planets to align for him to win anything.
If he likes the track, manages to get the bike setup, and runs a consistent race with no mistakes, he's shown there is nothing wrong with that CBR.

He just doesn't do all of those things often enough to deserve the reputation he has with most British fans, and he's NEVER in his career managed to put a full season together and win any title anywhere ... despite having the best machinery at times!

Britain has produced far better riders that have got far less praise ... I just can't understand what so many people see in Rea.

JedPB67

August 20, 2014 11:51 AM

"I don't believe Johnny Rea's had the best package in World Superbike"

So Cal wants Jonathan to come and ride a bike that isn't the best package in MotoGP instead?

Only joking of course, but that's the first thing that jumped into my mind!

biaggi

August 20, 2014 11:52 AM

alanw5293: Still don't see what the rush to get Miller into Moto gp is all about,as Pol said it's not as if he's winning Moto 3 by 10 seconds.He's being beaten by different riders and one dnf could see Alex Marquez take over the lead in the championship,if Miller hadn't taken Alex out in Mugello he could well be leading now,not heard anything about him even moving to Moto 2 never mind straight to top flight.

I heard Guareschi saying that this will be an experiment of HRC and Jack will be the kavia. and if this works other riders will try. I bet Quartararo will be the next one and he will jump directly in hrc

1 2 3 4 5 6  »