MotoGP » Smith: Signed, seamless, ready to deliver

"I was trying to secure my ride and I believed that riding through dangerous situations is the way to do it. It wasn't and it's not a smart move!" - Bradley Smith.

Insidejob

August 21, 2014 1:25 PM

“I've got a completely different outlook now and I'm ready to ride the M1 how it should be ridden at Silverstone."

What fighting spirit! Bradley is saying that he'll be trying for a podium or top 5 at least.

Kwakaracer

August 21, 2014 1:53 PM

Well said PaulW54 but we know that no matter how well Brad does, some people find it easier to be negative that praise real effort and a great Brit rider. This article, should the keyboard warriors actually read it properly, gives more insight into how uneven the motogp playing field is. Top four aliens are playing on different machinery which gives them a riding advantage which gives them better laptimes. So anyone placed 5-9 is in the top five of the non-alien championship. Oh and as Brad says, he has only been riding the bike for 18 months, thats 12 months as a rooki and 6 months as a non-rookie. The lads doing a great job and tells it like it is (which some of you think is whinging so clearly you dont understand what a technical evaluation actually looks like). !!! GO BRAD !!!

Ian33

August 21, 2014 1:56 PM

Some of you wouldn't even get out of bed with some of the knocks hes had, never mind ride a bike. And ride a bike in the top ten of the premier class.... I know for a fact, most of you haters on here wouldn't even run top ten on a track day, never mind even trying to possibly imagine how talented all these guys are on the grid.

You all need to take a reality check and stfu with the crappy remarks. I am not a massive BS follower, but there is enough hate in this world as it is.

Give the guys the respect they deserve. Or just stfu and go prove that you can do better!! No?? Didn't think so, fanboyz.

SasquatchBob

August 21, 2014 2:08 PM

It's quite sad that as soon as I saw a story about Bradley Smith I knew there would be comments slagging him off. A British rider in the top class of motorcycle racing, and people seem to hate him for not being better than he is.

My own opinion of Bradley is that he's talented but inconsistent, and he doesn't deal with pressure well. His results don't paint the full picture though and I think his potential is much better than his current points suggest.

I find him to be very honest in interviews and press statements etc and I don't understand why people consider him a moaner. If something's wrong, he says what it is, sometimes it's the bike, sometimes it's him.

He could do better but I don't get the outright hatred he seems to get on here.

MotoGPete

August 21, 2014 2:10 PM

TBF (and I'm not a Brad basher) he has not performed at the level he really needs to so far in his premier class career IMHO. He was very difficult to judge in Moto2 as that mistral is a dog of a thing and to be fair he was mega fast when they let him have a go on (what I believe was) Lorenzo's bike at the end of year test at Valencia, so the lad does have speed. If Yamaha put a competitive machine underneath him then he simply has to start getting results on the thing. Everyone knows that the Tech3 bike is pretty good so there's no real excuse for him finishing behind guys on (what most assume to be) inferior machinery. The excuses have to stop I'm afraid, going forward it has to be regular top 6 finishes at minimum...wish him the best of luck.

SasquatchBob

August 21, 2014 2:17 PM

@MotoGPete

I totally agree. My point wasn't the fact that people are criticising him, he deserves criticism if his results aren't good enough, which they aren't. It was more about the frothing-at-the-mouth hatred some people on this site seem to have for him. I'm all in favour of sensible, rational debate :)

He does need to be finishing top 6, and he needs to be beating Pol. He clearly isn't. I think he can, but he needs to step up and prove it.

RaceRoad

August 21, 2014 2:24 PM

some bs fans still think that we slag him off. but we don't!
Why would,could,should we slag him off if he performs at a respectable level.
Its all the talk and no walk, its huge writen colums vs no performans.(yet)

let the riding do the talking and if he performs over race distance rather over one fast lap.

1 2 3 4 5  »