MotoGP » I'd be faster on a Superbike, says Crutchlow

Ducati's Cal Crutchlow faces uphill battle at home MotoGP after demoralising qualifying leaves British star languishing on fifth row at Silverstone

BMac

August 30, 2014 8:55 PM

I'm starting to wonder if this poor performance thing is deliberate to make Cal's performance on a Honda look very much better right from the start and thus justify everything he has been whinging about with the Ducati. "See, it wasn't me, it WAS the bike". I hope not because I'd lose whatever respect I have left for Cal.

PaulW54

August 30, 2014 8:57 PM

cossiegaz: Do what you said you were going to do, ride it like Stoner did!

Nobody could-can ride the Duke like Casey. Cal is a proven top class fast rider. There has to be a lot more going on behind the scene than anyone here knows about. I just hope Cal can finish this season without further injury and come back next season and show the never have been's and never will be's how good he is.

vonich

August 30, 2014 9:06 PM

This is common to every rider once they lost the motivation. They start to become inpatient and frustration always gets in their way to think clear like when everything is working very well.

PaulW54

August 30, 2014 9:08 PM

9times: Usual BS coming from a waste of money and space !!

If you ever watch a race you will see this comment is groundless.
Can't wait till Cal gets on the Honda and shows his worth and once again will be a regular podium contender.

Vilas46

August 30, 2014 9:34 PM

BMac

Do you doubt about that? I mean if he get on the Honda and suddently learn how to ride again, aim preety much shure that was not God that help him, but maybe the RCV Honda Yes...

I was never a defender of Cal True blood for Motogp a true Champ winner, he can be fast he prove that with the Yamaha, but allways lack consistency and maybe a bit of Mind to keep is head cool all year, but this performance that is having at Ducati, that it can be the 2014 model but i dont bealive that he has been giving the latest upadates cause he allready go to one Rival next year, so yeah its a bit Like with Rossi or any other rider that dont feel confortable with one motorcycle, the only diference is that Cal is showing a new level of Poor performance and he clearly show is unhappy situacion to the cameras and Media wish shows how is head is going every time he loock at Times... I dunno how he will performan in the Honda but for once i hope that Cal take thinghs seriouly, he know that this chance a

9times

August 30, 2014 9:48 PM

@PaulW54

"Regular podium contender" lol please don't make me laugh!! lol, we'll see what he's made of !! Honda is no Ducati, they are ruthless and have a zero tolerance policy!! Cal was fast at Tech3 coz M1 is a rider friendly bike. Honda is not like that. I believe Cal would struggle on that Honda. One must note that it was his nationality and sponsorship that landed Cal that LCR, otherwise he is not worthy of that seat AT ALL !! It won't be long till AD and AI wipe the floor with Cal.

BMac

August 30, 2014 9:53 PM

Hi Vilas46,
I don't really understand why Cal's performance is getting worse with more experience on the bike because I would have thought he would have wanted to improve to avoid the humiliation of satellite Ducatis, and Open bikes, pushing him down the time sheets. Has he just lost the will to compete and can't be bothered to even try? I don't know but I would love to see him as determined and competitive as he was on the Yamaha. Maybe next season?

1 2 3 4 5 6  »