MotoGP » Free practice times (3) - Qatar.

AFX - Unregistered

March 08, 2008 5:15 PM

It's only another practice session mate.... Qualifying should give us a clearer picture (before the qualifiers go in)... Good to see Rossi and Burgess working out the problems though

Tom Maenen

March 08, 2008 5:16 PM

I am curious what the Rossi-haters will say now? Still nog first, but he made some good progress, maybe he''s on a Yamaha with a ducati engine now? :-o And what to say about Melandri''s time 16th ''fastest'' not that good...The rookies, accept for Lorenzo an Dovi didn''t do so good as yesterday either. But still they are good up front.

I''m realy looking forward to the race and I hope for a good fight between the top 5. Espacialy Rossi-Stoner. (with fight I don''t mean that Stoner passes everyone on the straight line, but I mean the real work!

slippercrutch - Unregistered

March 08, 2008 5:16 PM

I'd really like to think that Rossi has found a way forward, but he was only 0.4s behind Stoner in FP1 yesterday, at the same time of day (night). It was when the temperatures really dropped in FP2 that he struggled badly. Lorenzo looks better and better - those Michelin qualifiers will see him on pole.

zak - Unregistered

March 08, 2008 5:19 PM

...although you cannot say who made real improvements, as there is no indication about the use of Q tires. I cannot wait to see the analysis allowing to make further assumptions about the value of improvements

Jimmy Mansi

March 08, 2008 5:32 PM

i think rossi may struggle a little when the qualy's go in

once he gets the tyre's up to working temp he's fine, he's always rode like that.

lets hope he can make em work and qualy can be nice and close

btw, come on smith, redding and webb...class stuff from the young lads!

Hedgeholer

March 08, 2008 5:35 PM

I'm pleased, but not wildly surprised, at Rossi's improvement.
Personally, I'd be delighted to see JT win the championship but probably that's not realistic this year (a win or two would go down well tho). Second choice Stoner or Hayden because both were deluged with a lot of often unfair criticsm. But most of all I'm pleased Valle's improvement promises closer, more competitive racing ;-)

1 2 3 4  »