MotoGP » Sepang - Qualifying times.

Ronald Revsak

October 18, 2008 10:04 AM

Fromage - FP2 Friday -
1 Casey STONER AUS Ducati Marlboro Team DUCATI 310.6
33 Marco MELANDRI ITA Ducati Marlboro Team DUCATI 309.0
50 Sylvain GUINTOLI FRA Alice Team DUCATI 308.9
24 Toni ELIAS SPA Alice Team DUCATI 308.4
56 Shinya NAKANO JPN San Carlo Honda Gresini HONDA 308.1
2 Dani PEDROSA SPA Repsol Honda Team HONDA 308.0
5 Colin EDWARDS USA Tech 3 Yamaha YAMAHA 305.6
46 Valentino ROSSI ITA Fiat Yamaha Team YAMAHA 305.3

Twit - Unregistered

October 18, 2008 10:06 AM

I have always been against Qualifying. To my mind it seems madness to qualify on one tyre and race on a different one. If weather conditions or any other factor comes into it, then you might as well draw straws. (it seldom has much bearing on the race anyway) So the only point in having Qually that I can see is that it gives you lot something to argue about. Oops...I nearly typed 'discuss' then.

TB777 - Unregistered

October 18, 2008 11:48 AM

Ok, here's a hypothetical for the Rossi fanboys. If Stoner does win tomorrow and Rossi ends up second, let's say that happens, what crap will be trotted out then? I'd just like to know in advance so I can prepare myself is all? He's faking a pretty injury? The Ducati's too fast on the straights? Rossi let him win? Just let me know, cheers.

Let's hope for a good race tomorrow at any rate and I look forward to the streams of idiotic drivel on here afterwards regardless of the result.

Paul 46!!!

October 18, 2008 12:00 PM
Last Edited 2091 days ago

A majority of fans won't come out with anything to down grade his achievement if he wins, and visa versa... its not hard to ignore the pointless fans from both sides of the fence... stop trying to start petty arguments.

Fromage - Unregistered

October 18, 2008 12:22 PM

Now, now, TB777 - there's nowt but the best of fine minds debating here. I am sure that should Stoner prevail, it will only be because Rossi is missing his poor old pooch (which is actually, I think, sad for Valentino because he obviously thought a great deal about the old fella) and because Stoner is a dog-hater.

John - Unregistered

October 18, 2008 12:31 PM

This is the main difference between Rossi and Stoner. When someone else got pole, Rossi would congratulate him, Stoner would moan and make up excuses or blame the team. I don't think I've ever heard Stoner congratulated someone else who snatched pole from him.

Jeremy Burger - Unregistered

October 18, 2008 12:53 PM

@bitte in bit, not wrong job actually .. Stoner just unlucky and his last tyre were just blowout accidentally, that's what happened ... stoner told me so :blush:

He said he deserved the pole, but sometimes you know.... just inopportune!!

RXRacer - Unregistered

October 18, 2008 2:22 PM

"Read my post numpty, Stoner wanted another soft tyre first, I reckon he wasn't entirely comfortable.. not enough laps"

LOL. Doodaa, here's a quote from MotoGP.com that pours cold water all over your idea that Stoner/Ducati 'left it to the last minute' to do a qualifying run.

"The Australian rider was just unable to put down his time before the session was declared closed, without the opportunity to fully use a THIRD qualifying tyre "

As I said, he'd done a couple of quali runs already and just missed his last by a matter of seconds. I do enjoy your little works of fiction though :)

« 1 2 3 4