MotoGP » Valentino Rossi: My special Mugello helmets

Filter Comments: All | Registered

Marc - Unregistered

July 13, 2012 3:48 PM

Nice to see some of the Mugello helmets and Rossi explaining them. Agree with him that the face helmet is one of his best designs. Disappointed that they didn't show the 2012 helmet. But more important than the helmet would be a better result during the race.

motogp - Unregistered

July 13, 2012 3:38 PM

so much nostalgia of the yamaha.

ffs he was so good on it, I miss it so much.

I remember the heart helmet at mugello 2007, when rossi was beaten by hayden in 06 and beaten by stoner for 2007 alot of people talked smack and said he lost it. he also had a heart icon inside his leathers i remember showing his love for the sport still. and what did he do, he won the championships in 08 and 09 in landslides.

i want to say the same about the ducati but at least when rossi struggled with the yamaha in 2007 HE could make the difference and overcome the speed flaws and win races... not with this crappy duke

matt - Unregistered

July 13, 2012 2:01 PM

actually, forgt my last commet. since posting i discovered an amazing new thing on the "internet" called "google" which allowed me to see the helemt i'm on about, and thinking on it I saw it in Fastest as well. I think I'll be using this so called "google" again before postng a question that i may be able to find the answer for myself with a quick search.

matt - Unregistered

July 13, 2012 1:58 PM

can't view this video at work, does it include the Mugello helmet from 2010 the he only wore for a brief period of time in the saturday FP? I've not seena good image of it anywhere, i seem to recall it having somethign about his haircut, is that right?

Liam48

July 13, 2012 1:35 PM

That face on the helmet must be one of the most ICONIC helmets of all time. I also really like the Hawiian livery.

I wouldn't be surprised if his helmet this weekend was him taking a machine gun to the Ducati.

Jack Mordino

July 13, 2012 1:22 PM

Once more, this video proves that what is most special about this rider, is his intense rapport with his fans. This guy shares and communicates his enthusiasm for moto racing in a way nobody has ever done before and nomatter how fast or slow he is this places him in a special spot on the sport's hall of fame -well he doesn't actually need this for the "hall of fame spot" since his astonishing results over the years have already done this, I just feel this is the most special and unique trait about him.