• Dani Pedrosa holds the all-time race lap record at nine of the 18 circuits on the 2013 MotoGP calendar. The other nine are divided between Marc Marquez, Jorge Lorenzo
and Casey Stoner.
• Stoner is the only Ducati rider to still hold a lap record, while Lorenzo is the only Yamaha rider to do so.
• Stoner (Qatar) and Pedrosa (Catalunya) hold the oldest race lap records on the present calendar, stretching back to 2008.
• Stoner's 2008 Qatar race lap record was set on the way to victory in MotoGP's first ever night event, with an overall race time of 42m 36.587s. That is faster than Lorenzo's race winning time (42m 39.802s) in the 2013 event, over the same 22 lap distance.
• Likewise Pedrosa's 2008 lap record was set on his way to victory in Catalunya, with an overall race time of 43m 02.175s. That would also have been quick enough to win the 2013 event, beating the 43m 06.479s by Lorenzo over the same 25 lap distance.
• Five race lap records remain from the 800cc era, which was replaced by 1000cc machines in 2012.
• Ten new race lap records were set last season, six of them by rookie champion Marquez - including the fastest (Phillip Island) and slowest (Indianapolis) of the current lap records.
• Honda holds 15 of the existing race lap records.
• All of the present race lap records were set by factory riders.MotoGP Race Lap Records by Circuit - 2013 Calendar:Losail: Casey Stoner
Ducati 2008 (168.1km/h average speed)Circuit of the Americas: Marc Marquez
Honda 2013 (159.7km/h)Jerez: Jorge Lorenzo
Yamaha 2013 (159.9km/h)Le Mans: Dani Pedrosa
Honda 2011 (160.9km/h)Mugello: Marc Marquez
Honda 2013 (175.4km/h)Catalunya: Dani Pedrosa
Honda 2008 (166.2km/h)Assen: Dani Pedrosa
Honda 2012 (172.9km/h)Sachsenring: Dani Pedrosa
Honda 2011 (161.4km/h)Laguna Seca: Dani Pedrosa
Honda 2012 (159.9km/h)Indianapolis: Marc Marquez
Honda 2013 (153.2km/h)Brno: Marc Marquez
Honda 2013 (167.4km/h)Silverstone: Dani Pedrosa
Honda 2013 (174.1km/h)Misano: Jorge Lorenzo
Yamaha 2011 (162.0km/h)Aragon: Dani Pedrosa
Honda 2013 (168.3km/h)Sepang: Marc Marquez
Honda 2013 (164.5km/h)Phillip Island: Marc Marquez
Honda 2013 (181.7km/h)Motegi: Dani Pedrosa
Honda 2012 (163.6km/h)Valencia: Dani Pedrosa
Honda 2013 (157.3km/h)MotoGP Lap Records by Rider:
1. Dani Pedrosa
9 (out of 18)
2. Marc Marquez
3. Jorge Lorenzo
4. Casey Stoner
1 MotoGP Lap Records by Manufacturer:
15 (out of 18)