- The 2005 Calendar producing some very tired bodies and minds in Turkey. The injuries to Kenny Roberts and Loris Capirossi in Australia.
- Valentino Rossi signing a new contract with Yamaha and his 'involvement' in Formula One has ensured thousands of column inches to keep the food on the table for the hungry journalists. Rossi's presence means world-wide media interest continues while the likes of Marco Melandri and Nicky Hayden are emerging as the new stars challenging The Doctor.
Six hundred media applications including radio and television have been received for Valencia this weekend showing the global interest in the sport. Also the introduction of wireless systems at many of the MotoGP venues has greatly helped with communication between newspapers and the media centres.
- The 2005 calendar which ruled out some of the long haul venues for tight budgets.
Fernando Alonso's victory in the Formula One World Championship has meant a massive surge in four wheels coverage in Spain which has not been good news for a number of the large contingent of Spanish MotoGP journalists.
The death of Swiss photographer Maurice Bula who's been involved in grands prix racing since that first year in 1949 as a rider, sidecar passenger and photographer.
- Air conditioning in Qatar. The Hotels in Qatar. The size of the garages in Turkey and China. The return of their hospitality units to Valencia after five consecutive flyaways.
- The 2005 calendar and the laundry facilities in Turkey. Not being able to test out the new regulations about coming into change bikes if it starts to rain. The Donington Park paddock. Airline food and lack of leg room in economy.
- Mugello. Witnessing probably the greatest Motorcycle racer the world has ever seen in action. Watching Nicky Hayden and Marco Melandri win their first MotoGP races. Being able to brag to their Formula One friends about witnessing more overtaking in one lap than in a complete Formula One grands prix.
- Freezing race day weather at Donington Park. Camping in the Sachsenring and traffic at Donington Park and Laguna Seca. Ticket prices in Turkey and the lack of somebody to chat to in the Qatar grandstand.